Thread: Cannot add reference with Visual Studio 2017.

Lively Member

Cannot add reference with Visual Studio 2017.

I am using visual studio community 2017 V15.2.

I just upgraded a month or so ago.

Everything has worked as usual, but when I click "Project" --> "Add Reference..." I get an error stating "The operation could not be completed. No such interface is supported." I am considering just uninstalling and downloading again. Before I go that route...does anyone know how to fix this? This is extremely annoying and has caused a delay in my coding.

Thanks for your support!

Re: Cannot add reference with Visual Studio 2017.

It sounds like something may be corrupted in your VS install. You probably don't need to uninstall though. I've never used Community but I think it uses the same installer as Pro and Enterprise and with Pro you can definitely do a repair so I would suggest doing that first.

Re: Cannot add reference with Visual Studio 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielB33 View Post
    I am using visual studio community 2017 V15.2.

I just upgraded a month or so ago.

Everything has worked as usual, but when I click "Project" --> "Add Reference..." I get an error stating "The operation could not be completed. No such interface is supported." I am considering just uninstalling and downloading again. Before I go that route...does anyone know how to fix this? This is extremely annoying and has caused a delay in my coding.

Thanks for your support!

Did you find any solution? this problem is not solving, m trying to solve since 2 days