dcsimg

Thread: How to Build Vb.NET and Mysql

Unhappy How to Build Vb.NET and Mysql

how to make build mysql.data wint vb.net,create one build ,to shered with server local in client

please give me answer

Lively Member

Re: How to Build Vb.NET and Mysql

Re: How to Build Vb.NET and Mysql

The database itself is separate to the application. Setting up a database on a MySQL instance is something that you should do some reading on and then ask a specific question if you encounter a specific issue along the way.

Once you have the database in place, connecting to it is basically the same as connecting to any other database. You can download Connector/Net from the MySQL web site and then reference MySql.Data.dll in your project, then use ADO.NET code in the same way as you would for any other database. The only difference is that you use types from the MySql.Data.MySqlClient namespace, e.g. where you would use a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection to connect to SQL Server, you would use a MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection to connect to MySQL. All the other types are equivalent too, so any information you read about ADO.NET is applicable, and there's plenty of that information around. You might start with the Database FAQ link in my signature below.

There may also be some MySQL-specific things to note about your SQL code, but that will depend on exactly what you want to do. You can get all the connection string information you need from www.connectionstrings.com.
    Why is my data not saved to my database? | MSDN Data Walkthroughs
    VBForums Database Development FAQ
    My CodeBank Submissions: VB | C#
    My Blog: Data Among Multiple Forms (3 parts)
    Beginner Tutorials: VB | C# | SQL