Hello everyone,
I have created a vb6 program that loads a video into a windows media player control and plays it on the hdmi port to which a projector is connected. On a footswitch command, it then plays the next video. All of it works but there is one aggravating issue. Whenever I load a new video (using .WindowsMediaPlayer1.URL=) the player comes out of fullscreen mode (the control will only go into fullscreen when a video is playing) and you can see the container form that holds the control. I have tried to position that form down into the taskbar but it won't go all the way, leaving a portion of it visible for a short time while the new video is loading. I have tried minimizing the form, hiding it and making it invisible and although these do hide the form, the video will no longer go to fullscreen when it plays. I have tried pausing the video before it finishes then loading a new one but that does not work either.
I should mention all though You may think I've lost it that if the container form is not in the area defined by the hdmi port and the form is set to invisible, the control will in fact play in full screen, just not in the case where the form resides in the hdmi port space, which is necessary to get it to play on the projector.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jeff