Thread: speech recognition

speech recognition

Hi guys just a quick help. I have seen a friend's application with voice recognition. For example when the user close the application there is a voice saying 'Application closed'
    I'd like to add some voice recognition to my app. Any help with the code?

Re: speech recognition

Quote Originally Posted by okouele21 View Post
    For example when the user close the application there is a voice saying 'Application closed'
    That's not speech recognition. Speech recognition is when you say something to the application and it understands it. What you describe is simply the application playing some audio. The fact that it is speech is irrelevant; it could be anything. Mind you, you could also use text-to-speech, where you provide the words as text and the application generates a synthetic voice to speak them. That's an alternative to simply recording the words as a WAV file or the like. Please clarify what it is that you actually want your application to do so that we can avoid wasting time on irrelevancies.

What i want is when i login with my username and password and when i click valid there is a sound saying something like 'user logged in' . and if i want to close my app there is a sound saying like 'application closed'.

King of sapila

ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·