Thread: [Resolved]How do I put in the sum for each of the values for this SSRS expression

Fanatic Member

[Resolved]How do I put in the sum for each of the values for this SSRS expression

Code:
    = Format(Fields!EquityCommission.Value, "C") &
     IIf(Fields!InsuranceLabel.Value <> "", VbCrLf & Format(Fields!InsuranceCommission.Value, "C"), "") &
     IIf(Fields!ExceptionLine1Label.Value <> "", VbCrLf & Format(Fields!ExceptionLine1.Value, "C"), "") &
     IIf(Fields!ExceptionLine2Label.Value <> "", VbCrLf & Format(Fields!ExceptionLine2.Value, "C"), "")
    When I tried this below
    Code:
    = Format (SUM(Fields!EquityCommission.Value), "C") &
     SUM(IIf(Fields!InsuranceLabel.Value <> "", VbCrLf & Format(SUM(Fields!InsuranceCommission.Value), "C"), "") &
     SUM(IIf(Fields!ExceptionLine1Label.Value <> "", VbCrLf & Format(Fields!ExceptionLine1.Value, "C")), "") &
     IIf(Fields!ExceptionLine2Label.Value <> "", VbCrLf & Format(SUM(Fields!ExceptionLine2.Value, "C"), "")
    It gave me this error upon previewing the report:

There is a syntax error in the Value expression for the textrun ‘Expense2.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’: ‘)’ expected.
    Last edited by Christopher_Arm; Feb 7th, 2018 at 04:18 PM.

Re: How do I put in the sum for each of the values for this SSRS expression

You are missing an ending parenthesis ")" somewhere in the code, after you added the SUM() function. Determine where you need that to go and insert it.

Fanatic Member

Re: How do I put in the sum for each of the values for this SSRS expression

Fixed it. It should be this in reality.

Code:
    = Format( Sum(Fields!EquityCommission.Value), "C") &
     IIf(Fields!InsuranceLabel.Value <> "", VbCrLf & Format(Sum(Fields!InsuranceCommission.Value), "C"), "") &
     IIf(Fields!ExceptionLine1Label.Value <> "", VbCrLf & Format(Fields!ExceptionLine1.Value, "C"), "") &
     IIf(Fields!ExceptionLine2Label.Value <> "", VbCrLf & Format(Fields!ExceptionLine2.Value, "C"), "")