Hey VBForums,

So I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find the answer but basically I was using this code to grab the proper serial (i.e. not Volume Serial):

Code:

' Get Harddisk Serial Number  

Dim searcher As ManagementObjectSearcher = New ManagementObjectSearcher("SELECT * FROM Win32_PhysicalMedia")

For Each wmi_HD As ManagementObject In searcher.Get()

MessageBox.Show(wmi_HD("SerialNumber"))

Next

End Sub
This worked fine however it grabbed every drive serial and I only need it to grab the serial number number of a selected drive (i.e. C in a nutshell I have a program where the user selects the removable drive from a list, this then gets dimmed as a string which I use in other parts of the code so I was wondering can I actually use this code to grab a selected drive (based upon the drive letter - which is what the string is dimmed as) or will I have to use an alternative piece of code?

Someone did provide me with a solution however it wont work with my config as it's looking for actual drives rather than selecting them based upon their drive letter:

Code:
Dim searcher As ManagementObjectSearcher = New ManagementObjectSearcher("SELECT * FROM Win32_PhysicalMedia where Tag = '\\\\.\\PHYSICALDRIVE0'")

Thanks