Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Zipping a folder

Frenzied Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Zipping a folder

Hello

I am trying to find code that I can use to zip a folder, without using third party utilities, hopefully using Microsoft shell controls and automation.

I have searched extensively and have spent a lot of time trying to make one suggested solution work, but without success. Shall I post that code here?
    Thanks all !

Hyperactive Member

Re: Zipping a folder

Try this.

PowerPoster

Code:
    foldertozip = "c:\temp\aqw"    ' change folder to suit, note no trailing \
    zippath = foldertozip & "\" & Mid(foldertozip, InStrRev(foldertozip, "\") + 1) & ".zip"
    f = FreeFile
    Open zippath For Output As f
    Print #f, Chr$(80) & Chr$(75) & Chr$(5) & Chr$(6) & String(18, 0)  ' zip file header
    Close f
    Set sh = CreateObject("shell.application")
    Set n = sh.namespace(zippath)
    n.copyhere foldertozip
    this will create a zip file in the folder to be zipped, all files and sub folders are zipped into the archive, any existing zip file of the same name will be overwritten, tested to produce correct result
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Frenzied Member

Thanks both. Looking first at Westconn1's because it is shorter, I get where to specify the input folder but I'm not sure where you specify the output zip location. I want that to be in My Documents and not within itself. Is that perhaps zippath?
    Thanks all !

Personally, I'd highly recommend wqweto's ZipArchive. I've used it for a couple of years now and never had one bit of trouble with it.

Good Luck,
    Elroy
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

PowerPoster

Is that perhaps zippath?
    just specify the string to the path\zipfile you want in zippath
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

pete

Frenzied Member

OK, and presumably I add Microsoft Shell Controls and Automation to references?
    Thanks all !

Frenzied Member

I use Chris Eastwood's DLLs, which do not require installation. You just place the two DLLs into the same folder as the application.
    Here is a link to his web page -
    https://www.codeguru.com/vb/gen/vb_g...VB5-or-VB6.htm
    His download includes his project, and the two DLLs.
    I have refined it slightly, and have attached the project (I excluded the DLLs, as I believe our forum rules forbid attaching them)

HTH,
    Rob

Frenzied Member

Forgot to attach. Here it is -

Rob
    PS If the authorities used our forum's attachment page, to exclude potential immigrants, I would have been deported a few times.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post
    Code:
    foldertozip = "c:\temp\aqw"    ' change folder to suit, note no trailing \
    zippath = foldertozip & "\" & Mid(foldertozip, InStrRev(foldertozip, "\") + 1) & ".zip"
    f = FreeFile
    Print #f, Chr$(80) & Chr$(75) & Chr$(5) & Chr$(6) & String(18, 0)  ' zip file header
    Close f
    Set n = sh.namespace(zippath)
    n.copyhere foldertozip
    this will create a zip file in the folder to be zipped, all files and sub folders are zipped into the archive, any existing zip file of the same name will be overwritten, tested to produce correct result
    Sorry Westcott1, I totally failed with the above. After Dimming As I thought was needed, I did indeed get a file with .zip on the end, but it had nothing in it. I would like you to tell me what Dims etc. I need and if the Reference should be as I asked.
    Thanks all !

PowerPoster

foldertozip is a variant
    zippath is a variant
    f is integer
    as i used late binding no reference is required
    sh and n are objects

or in this case, all could be variants

if you really want to use early binding, reference as you asked above
    sh would be a shell
    n would be a shell32.folder3

if you do not want to use variables of type variant, you could use string, but may have to convert to variant when passing to a shell object, like
    Code:
    Set n = sh.namespace(cvar(zippath))

pete

Quote Originally Posted by el84 View Post
    zip a folder, without using third party utilities
    Good intentions. The built-in stuff is slow, though, and offers only lousy compression. You might find out what the user has already installed (->registry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip), and use that tool. Their commandline syntax is widely harmonised.

Frenzied Member

Many thanks to everyone that responded, and especially to Westconn1, whose solution I have used. I am showing the code as slightly modified, below.

You'll see that instead of placing the zipped file holding the folder in the folder itself I have placed it in the folder above in the hierarchy , being My Documents, which is working fine.

I have one difficulty.

For background, the purpose of this exercise is to determine the best way to automate preparation of a zip file with certain critical information for a remote user, to be used to email some updated files in the case of my incapacity. In that case my wife (who is not really computer literate) would not be able to advise him.

The problem here is, looking at the zip file, as my remote correspondent will do, and seeing that it is a zip file, he will no doubt right click on it, and be offered extract, whereupon he will get the message that (in this test case) 'File will be extracted to this folder C:\Users\Alan\Documents\aatest. Is there some way of avoiding that message so that the folder is extracted to his own master folder. Incidentally, if I just click on it, the extraction occurs anyway.

Code:
    Option Explicit
    Dim aPath As String

Private Sub Form_Load()
        aPath = "C:\Users\Alan\Documents\"
    End Sub

Private Sub cmdDoIt_Click()
        '** a Stuff
        Dim aSource As String
        Dim aDest As String
        aSource = aPath & "aatest"
        aDest = aPath

'Westconn1 remarked:
        'as I used late binding no reference is required
        'if you really want to use early binding, reference as you asked above
        'sh would be a shell; n would be a shell32.folder3

'Westconn1's
        Dim foldertozip As Variant
        Dim zippath As Variant
        Dim f As Integer
        Dim sh As Object
        Dim n As Object

foldertozip = aSource    ' change folder to suit, note no trailing \
        zippath = aDest & Mid(foldertozip, InStrRev(foldertozip, "\") + 1) & ".zip"
        f = FreeFile
        Close f
        Set n = sh.NameSpace(zippath)
        n.CopyHere foldertozip
    End Sub
    Thanks all !

PowerPoster

he will no doubt right click on it, and be offered extract,
    this varies depending on which, if any, zip program he has installed

pete

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post
    this varies depending on which, if any, zip program he has installed
    I imagine he will just use the one that came with Windows, like me.
    Thanks all !

PowerPoster

I suspect you might be better off if you first create your ZIP archive using the method of your choice, then post-process that using something like:

Free "ZIP 2 Secure EXE"

This can be invoked using command-line arguments to accomplish the task if you don't want to deal with using the GUI it offers.

You can use the encryption, or not. Your choice. You can use an XML config file to drive the process so fewer command line arguments need to be supplied.

The feature you might be interested in is:

-d <pre_defined_unzip_dir>

Creates an EXE that will unzip to a pre-defined, hard-coded absolute directory path. Environment variables delimited with "%" characters can be used, such as "%TEMP%" or "%PROGRAMFILES%".
    The bonus is that for the last few years it has become an unsupported tool, but now is completely free. That page at the link above contains the key required to unlock all of the premium features.

This is even handy for people who create applications that use an Activation Context manifest for reg-free COM and want to bundle their application up into one installer file. It can even unzip to a temporary location and run a bundled setup program as needed.

Recommended.

PowerPoster

I love Chilkat's stuff too, but a glowing recommendation from Dilettante is a bit of a shocker! Linking to a closed-source (AFAIK), unsupported, mystery black-box EXE (and even the word "bonus" is in the post)! I don't know whether to be or , guess I'll go with

PowerPoster

Well, consider that:

• They are a reputable company.
    • They provide documentation (!)
    • It is a stable product with no future churn to deal with.
    • Its signature is recognized by anti-malware suites because it is an established and commonly used self-extracting EXE format.
    • They admit that there is no future support, so you know you are using it "at your own risk" (minimal).

So unlike some other products, it has a lot going for it.

As for the "open source" question... That means far less to me than other issues. I've stopped posting finished tested non-trivial projects here, not because I am ripping off open source and sticking my name on it, but because I am tired of being ripped off myself.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I've stopped posting finished tested non-trivial projects here, not because I am ripping off open source and sticking my name on it, but because I am tired of being ripped off myself.
    Just to make it clear for other readers, dilettante does not mean the RC5-libs with that "rip-off"-comment
    (because if he did, he'd be lying, and he doesn't do that of course, far from it ).

Olaf

PowerPoster

Re: [RESOLVED] Zipping a folder

Just for reference, creating and extracting Zip files using nothing but MS Shell interfaces, no DLLs:

[VB6] Basic unzip without 3rd party DLL or shell32- IStorage-based, and
    [VB6] Create a ZIP file without any DLL depends using IStorage and IDropTarget - Uses IStorage and IStream for basic zip functionality. Creating a Zip uses a neat trick with IDropTarget.
    Last edited by fafalone; Jan 31st, 2018 at 08:07 AM.

@fafalone: Your zipping samples are still performing the archive operations asynchronously, which is totally inconvenient for most use-cases, IMO.

Here for instance after zipping some large amount of files/folders they would probably want to mail the final archive. . . programatically that is.

cheers,
    </wqw>

Frenzied Member

Not sure why this is till being debated. Westconn1's simple solution works fine!
    Thanks all !

PowerPoster

Async is almost always more convenient when dealing with files. Not that it wouldn't be trivial to wait if you wanted. Besides, it the one by westconn1 that el84 is using is async too.

And I wasn't debating merits, just pointing out another way to do things, sorry if that's unwelcome.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by fafalone View Post
    Async is almost always more convenient when dealing with files. Not that it wouldn't be trivial to wait if you wanted. Besides, it the one by westconn1 that el84 is using is async too.

And I wasn't debating merits, just pointing out another way to do things, sorry if that's unwelcome.
    Nothing is unwelcome. Especially to permanent newbs like me! But Wstconn1's solution fits my needs admirably,
    Thanks all !

Quote Originally Posted by fafalone View Post
    Not that it wouldn't be trivial to wait if you wanted.
    Not that it's unwelcome but I'm yet to see a waiting sample. A sync implementation would be very useful -- if the client app can get away w/ the progress dialog that is.

However trivial sync/waiting impl is I personally failed producing stable solution last time I attempted this. The trick mentioned some output file change tracking approach that might be useful.

cheers,
    </wqw>

PowerPoster

@wqweto yeah that sounds like what I had in mind; since it's a shell interface, you can reliably count on a SHChangeNotify broadcast: an initial SHCNE_CREATE, followed by one SHCNE_UPDATEITEM per add operation; you only need to set the watch on the target directory. Let me look into it further a bit though as I just found a complication confirming those messages... there's no notification for a canceled operation (if the operation takes more than a few seconds Windows pops up a CLSID_ProgressDialog window with a Cancel option, and obviously monitoring this too renders the whole thing more trouble than avoiding the DLL saves)

PowerPoster

@The trick: Is there a simple way to see if the operation is cancelled? For large operations, Explorer shows a progress dialog with a Cancel button-- and if cancelled, there are no SHCNE_ messages at all. Every way I can think of is too big an inconvenience.

Also, could you elaborate on INewMenuClient usage here?

PowerPoster

IDropTarget.QueryInterface(IID_IObjectWithSite) returns error E_NOINTERFACE (0x80004002)

PowerPoster

This seems to be an entirely different technique; you're implementing IDropTarget too? Or if not how are you telling it which file is the drop target? Possible to just post a demo?

Edit: For reference, here's the method I've been using (error checking and debug prints removed for readability),
    Code:
    Public Sub ZipFiles(sZipPath As String, pszToZip() As String)
    Dim pZipStg As IStorage
    Dim pZipStrm As IStream
    Dim psfZipFolder As IShellFolder
    Dim pidlZipFolder As Long
    Dim pDT As IDropTarget

Dim pidlToZip() As Long
    Dim idoToZip As IDataObject
    Dim pidlToZip2() As Long
    Dim idoToZip2 As IDataObject

Dim pszZipFile As String 'name of zip file only, e.g. blah.zip
    Dim pszZipFolder As String 'full path to folder that will contain .zip
    Dim pidlZipFile As Long

Dim pchEaten As Long
    Dim q As Long
    Dim bMulti As Boolean

ReDim pidlZip(0)
    ReDim pidlToZip(0)
    pszZipFolder = Left$(sZipPath, InStrRev(sZipPath, "\") - 1)
    pszZipFile = Right$(sZipPath, Len(sZipPath) - InStrRev(sZipPath, "\"))

pidlToZip(0) = ILCreateFromPathW(StrPtr(pszToZip(0)))
    If UBound(pszToZip) > 0 Then
        ReDim pidlToZip2(UBound(pszToZip) - 1)
        For q = 1 To UBound(pszToZip)
            pidlToZip2(q - 1) = ILCreateFromPathW(StrPtr(pszToZip(q)))
        Next
        bMulti = True
    End If
    pidlZipFolder = ILCreateFromPathW(StrPtr(pszZipFolder))

Set psfZipFolder = GetIShellFolder(isfDesktop, pidlZipFolder)
    Set pZipStg = psfZipFolder 'this calls QueryInterface internally

Set pZipStrm = pZipStg.CreateStream(pszZipFile, STGM_CREATE, 0, 0)
    psfZipFolder.ParseDisplayName 0&, 0&, StrPtr(pszZipFile), pchEaten, pidlZipFile, 0&

Call SHCreateFileDataObject(VarPtr(0&), UBound(pidlToZip) + 1, VarPtr(pidlToZip(0)), ByVal 0&, idoToZip)

Dim pidlFQZF As Long
    pidlFQZF = ILCombine(pidlZipFolder, pidlZipFile)

pDT.DragEnter idoToZip, MK_LBUTTON, 0&, 0&, DROPEFFECT_COPY
    pDT.Drop idoToZip, MK_LBUTTON, 0&, 0&, DROPEFFECT_COPY

If bMulti Then
        Sleep 1500
        DoEvents
        Sleep 1500
        Call SHCreateFileDataObject(VarPtr(0&), UBound(pidlToZip2) + 1, VarPtr(pidlToZip2(0)), ByVal 0&, idoToZip2)
        pDT.DragEnter idoToZip2, MK_LBUTTON, 0, 0, DROPEFFECT_COPY
        pDT.Drop idoToZip2, MK_LBUTTON, 0, 0, DROPEFFECT_COPY
    End If
    clnup:
    CoTaskMemFree pidlToZip(0)
    If bMulti Then
        For q = 0 To UBound(pidlToZip2)
            Call CoTaskMemFree(pidlToZip2(q))
        Next
    End If
    Call CoTaskMemFree(pidlZipFile)
    Call CoTaskMemFree(pidlZipFolder)
    Call CoTaskMemFree(pidlFQZF)
    End Sub
    Last edited by fafalone; Feb 9th, 2018 at 07:21 AM.

PowerPoster

fafalone, i'll make the examples later because all of the reversing researches are in the raw state (i temporary left these researches about 6 month ago).
    Edit: For reference, here's the method I've been using (error checking and debug prints removed for readability),
    Yes i saw it. It's very useful code.
    I show a small example with the notification:
    Form:
    Code:
    Option Explicit

Implements oleexpimp.IServiceProvider
    Implements INewMenuClient

Private Sub Form_Load()
        Dim sFolderToZip    As String
        Dim cFSO            As FileSystemObject
        Dim cFolder         As Folder
        Dim cFile           As File
        Dim cDataObject     As IDataObject
        Dim cDropTarget     As IDropTarget
        Dim cObjectWithSite As IObjectWithSite
        Dim tCLSID          As UUID
        Dim tIID            As UUID
        Dim lPidls()        As Long
        Dim lIndex          As Long
        Dim hr              As Long

sFolderToZip = "E:\Temp\S"

Set cFSO = New FileSystemObject

Set cFolder = cFSO.GetFolder(sFolderToZip)

ReDim lPidls(cFolder.Files.Count + cFolder.SubFolders.Count - 1)

For Each cFile In cFolder.Files
            lPidls(lIndex) = ILCreateFromPathW(StrPtr(cFile.Path))
            lIndex = lIndex + 1
        Next

For Each cFolder In cFolder.SubFolders
            lPidls(lIndex) = ILCreateFromPathW(StrPtr(cFolder.Path))
            lIndex = lIndex + 1
        Next

hr = SHCreateFileDataObject(VarPtr(Nothing), UBound(lPidls) + 1, lPidls(0), ByVal 0&, cDataObject)

If hr < 0 Then
            MsgBox "SHCreateFileDataObject failed " & hr, vbCritical
            Exit Sub
        End If

CLSIDFromString CLSID_CSendTo, tCLSID
        IIDFromString StrPtr(IID_IDropTarget), tIID

hr = CoCreateInstance(tCLSID, Nothing, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, tIID, cDropTarget)

If hr < 0 Then
            MsgBox "CoCreateInstance failed " & hr, vbCritical
            Exit Sub
        End If

Set cObjectWithSite = cDropTarget

HookIServiceProvider Me
        cObjectWithSite.SetSite Me

cDropTarget.DragEnter cDataObject, MK_LBUTTON, 0&, 0&, DROPEFFECT_COPY
        cDropTarget.Drop cDataObject, MK_LBUTTON, 0&, 0&, DROPEFFECT_COPY

End Sub

Private Sub INewMenuClient_IncludeItems(pFlags As Long)

End Sub

Private Sub INewMenuClient_SelectAndEditItem(ByVal pidlItem As Long, ByVal flags As Long)
        Dim sBuf    As String

sBuf = Space$(MAX_PATH)

SHGetPathFromIDList pidlItem, StrPtr(sBuf)

sBuf = Mid$(sBuf, 1, InStr(1, sBuf, vbNullChar) - 1)

MsgBox "Archive " & sBuf & " has been created"

End Sub

Private Sub IServiceProvider_QueryService(guidService As oleexp.UUID, riid As oleexp.UUID, ppvObject As Long)
        ' // Stub
    End Sub
    Module:
    Code:
    Option Explicit

Public Declare Function SHParseDisplayName Lib "shell32" ( _
                            ByVal pszName As Long, _
                            ByVal IBindCtx As Long, _
                            ByRef ppidl As Long, _
                            ByRef sfgaoIn As Long, _
                            ByRef sfgaoOut As Long) As Long
    Public Declare Function ILFree Lib "shell32" ( _
                            ByVal pidlFree As Long) As Long
    Public Declare Function SHCreateFileDataObject Lib "shell32" _
                            Alias "#740" ( _
                            ByVal pidlFolder As Long, _
                            ByVal cidl As Long, _
                            ByRef apidl As Any, _
                            ByRef pDataInner As Any, _
                            ByRef ppDataObj As IDataObject) As Long
    Public Declare Function ILCreateFromPathW Lib "shell32" ( _
                            ByVal pwszPath As Long) As Long
    Public Declare Function IIDFromString Lib "ole32" ( _
                            ByVal lpszIID As Long, _
                            ByRef iid As Any) As Long
    Public Declare Function IsEqualGUID Lib "ole32" ( _
                            ByRef rguid1 As Any, _
                            ByRef rguid2 As Any) As Boolean
    Public Declare Function GetMem4 Lib "msvbvm60" ( _
                            ByRef src As Any, _
                            ByRef Dst As Any) As Long
    Public Declare Function VirtualProtect Lib "kernel32" ( _
                            ByRef lpAddress As Any, _
                            ByVal dwSize As Long, _
                            ByVal flNewProtect As Long, _
                            ByRef lpflOldProtect As Long) As Long
    Public Declare Function SHGetPathFromIDList Lib "shell32" _
                            Alias "SHGetPathFromIDListW" ( _
                            ByVal pidList As Long, _
                            ByVal lpBuffer As Long) As Long

Public Const CLSID_CSendTo = "{888DCA60-FC0A-11CF-8F0F-00C04FD7D062}"
    Public Const IID_IDropTarget = "{00000122-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"
    Public Const IID_INewMenuClient = "{dcb07fdc-3bb5-451c-90be-966644fed7b0}"
    Public Const PAGE_READWRITE = 4&

Public Const MK_LBUTTON = 1

Public Sub HookIServiceProvider( _
               ByVal cServiceProvider As IServiceProvider)
        Dim pMethods(3)     As Long
        Dim pVtable         As Long
        Dim dwOldProtect    As Long

GetMem4 ByVal ObjPtr(cServiceProvider), pVtable
        MoveMemory pMethods(0), ByVal pVtable, (UBound(pMethods) + 1) * 4
        pMethods(3) = FAR_PROC(AddressOf IServiceProvider_QueryService)

VirtualProtect ByVal pVtable, (UBound(pMethods) + 1) * 4, PAGE_READWRITE, dwOldProtect
        MoveMemory ByVal pVtable, pMethods(0), (UBound(pMethods) + 1) * 4
        VirtualProtect ByVal pVtable, (UBound(pMethods) + 1) * 4, dwOldProtect, dwOldProtect

End Sub

Private Function FAR_PROC( _
                     ByVal ptr As Long) As Long
        FAR_PROC = ptr
    End Function

Private Function IServiceProvider_QueryService( _
                     ByVal cObj As IServiceProvider, _
                     ByRef guidService As oleexp.UUID, _
                     ByRef riid As oleexp.UUID, _
                     ByRef ppvObject As Long) As Long
        Dim tIID    As UUID
        Dim cUnk    As oleexp.IUnknown

IIDFromString StrPtr(IID_INewMenuClient), tIID

ppvObject = 0

If IsEqualGUID(guidService, tIID) And IsEqualGUID(riid, tIID) Then

Set cUnk = cObj
            cUnk.AddRef
            ppvObject = ObjPtr(cUnk)

Else
            IServiceProvider_QueryService = E_NOINTERFACE
        End If

End Function
    Don't see to code quality it was made for research purposes only.

PowerPoster

Very interesting thank you... perhaps I'm not seeing, how do you tell it the destination file? There's pidlItem, but how's that set? Since it's the SendTo object does it just automatically get created in the current folder then you'd have to move to destination?

Why is Windows Compressed Folders (Zip folders) support stuck at the turn of the century?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Chen
    Bonus chatter: On of the terms of the license is that the compression and decompression code for Zip folders should be tied to UI actions and not be programmatically drivable. The main product for the company that provided the compression and decompression code is the compression and decompression code itself. If Windows allowed programs to compress and decompression files by driving the shell namespace directly, then that company would have given away their entire business!

This is why Zip folders may work really well when manipulated in the user interface, but they aren't very helpful when you try to use them programmatically. They don't tell you when a Copy operation is done. They display password prompts for password-protected ZIP files, even if you said not to display UI. Various annoyances to make it impractical to use the Zip folders compression and decompression engine programmatically.
    They made it on purpose not usable by anything but end-user UI.

Was it licensed from WinZip or PKWare I'm wondering. . .

cheers,
    </wqw>

Hyperactive Member

https://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html has a bunch of free\open tools for zipping. 7zr.exe is easy to use and supports strong encryption and split volumes for large zips if you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by DllHell View Post
    https://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html has a bunch of free\open tools for zipping.
    For 7-zipping -- there is a difference.

7zr.exe is easy to use and supports strong encryption and split volumes for large zips if you need them.
    Au contraire:
    Code:
    c:> 7zr a -tzip aaa123.zip aaa.txt

7-Zip (r) 18.05 (x86) : Igor Pavlov : Public domain : 2018-04-30

ERROR:
    Unsupported archive type
    Besides not supporting plain old .zip archives 7zr.exe comes at 518'656 bytes -- that is a half meg on my floppy :-))

cheers,
    </wqw>

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    For 7-zipping -- there is a difference.

Au contraire:
    Code:
    c:> 7zr a -tzip aaa123.zip aaa.txt

7-Zip (r) 18.05 (x86) : Igor Pavlov : Public domain : 2018-04-30

ERROR:
    Unsupported archive type
    I should have said "compressing". But you are right, if you must use the zip format, it wont work

Besides not supporting plain old .zip archives 7zr.exe comes at 518'656 bytes -- that is a half meg on my floppy :-))
    I haven't seen a computer with a floppy drive in at least 5 years

PowerPoster

If the array of parameters passed in is multiple folders and files, a warning pops up:
    [Window Title]
    zipped folders
    [Content]
    Windows cannot add one or more empty directories to a zipped folder.
    [confirm]

If the subdirectory is empty, the ZIP folder will not be added to the empty directory. How to solve this problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast