Thread: [RESOLVED] Crystal report how to create the second page in Visual studio

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Crystal report how to create the second page in Visual studio

In my report designer i have the first page set up like this picture below:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  23.2 KB

Now the "details a" contains hours and days when looked there are all days of the month so 31 rows.

Now i have tried everything i think to get a second page with "Details b" containing the details for the person of these records but i cant get it to work.

When i use add page after. all my rows get set to pages so i get 31 pages.

I know section details b is empty but when i fill some other fields there it does not show on the next extra page

Does somebody has a solution?

Re: Crystal report how to create the second page in Visual studio

Way I've done something similar in the past is to use sub-reports...
    There's one main report that's tied to data that returns a record (or records), then in the details, create two sections... one for each sub-report - a sub-report is embedded that would be your details a and contain your 31 rows... after it, would be another sub-report for details b and contain what you want for that report. You can then add a page break after details a or before details b... There's a way to then hook it all up so that the parameters from the main query are passed to the sub-queries. I don't have or use CR any more, so I can guide any more than that, but that's how we handled this kind of situation back when I did use it (some 15 years ago).

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Addicted Member

Re: Crystal report how to create the second page in Visual studio

Well i am lucky it is only a 2 page report now so i could do the second page with different fields in the report footer so for now it is resolved