Thread: Best way to create a multiple choice

Best way to create a multiple choice

I am currently just coding in my spare time to try and improve my VB skills (I am new to the language) and I currently have a quiz which generates two random numbers (these numbers are variables from a database) and VB randomized them, it then adds the two numbers and spits out 4 answers and the user does a multi choice and selects the correct ones. My program will also then repeat this process several times and stores each result (answer) in a database and the score of the particular user logged in.

I want to improve the quiz. My quiz is a maths program for children and I wanted to make more questions such as fractions, percentages etc and do them as separate topics within my program but I need a bit of help finding the best way to do so. This is my code so far. I have put it into an Imglur album: https://imgur.com/a/EMQoX

Re: Best way to create a multiple choice

I have done a similar program and I just used 3 labels to display the correct answer and 2 wrong answers. Then I took advantage of the click event of the label. Good Luck

Hey,

Could you show me how you approached it?

I want to make it better is a bit vague. What exactly do you see as the deficiency in your current project? Designing a multiple-choice quiz is really nothing to do with VB.NET. The design would be pretty much the same regardless of the language or even if it wasn't software-based. The implementation is where VB comes in so that's really the only part you need to be asking about here. If you don't know yet what you need to implement then it's not really a VB.NET question.

I recommend to you what I recommend to all: start by forgetting that it's a programming problem. Pretend that your task is to write out a set of instructions that a human being with no prior exposure to the problem needs to follow in order to manually perform the task. Once you have such a set of instructions written out, you have an algorithm. You can then look at implementing that algorithm in whatever programming language you like. If you have problems in that implementation phase, that is the time to post a question in the VB.NET forum. If you want help with the first part, that's really something for the General Developer forum because it's not really language-specific. Even then though, you should have a clear idea of what functionality you're trying to provide.