Thread: Build error question

Build error question

Hi,
    I am getting a build error when i go to debug my program and I am not sure where to start. I finished this program several months back and everything worked fine. I published it and have been using it for at least a year now. I wanted to make some updates to it so i opened it back up. I made a few minor changes and now I am getting a build error that I cannot seem to figure out. This is the error i am gettting: Error An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign bin\Debug\app.publish\Orchid.exe. SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria.. Where should i start looking? Any help would be great.
    Thanks

King of sapila

Re: Build error question

No idea what this is but looking at the error, would seem to me that you have to update your certificate.
    If you never used one then I don't know.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Possibly useful links:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...eria-with-a-wi

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...=winformssetup

The certificate may have expired, or have other issues.

Did you sign it the first time around? If not, that would be really weird, but most likely you signed it. You can make temporary certificates for testing, which is so simple that you may have done that just because it was so simple. I forget how long they work, but less than a year.

Frankly, certificates are a pain. It could have been simple....but it isn't. If you want to make a longer lasting certificate, then you have hoops to jump through. If you can get away with the temporary certificate, then you can just generate a new one. Of course, that begs the question of why you signed it in the first place, but some types of deployment methods require it.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Thanks for the help. It had Sign the ClickOnce manifest checked off so i unchecked it and now it works. Not sure why it was that way but hopefully i wont have any problems.