I have a current completed project in VBA/EXCEL.The records are stored in the spreadsheet.

A quick review of .NET documentation seems to indicate I can transition to .NET with an ACCESS style database format or a TEXT file. Trying to decide which one to go with.

Present project (VBA) has the largest static file (which never changes, only perform a search of) at approx. 1,361,043 records. (Envision each row in the sheet is a single record of 8 items/columns).

The other portion of the project has the ability to enter/edit/delete/search new/existing records. Again, envision each row in the sheet is a single record of 20 items/columns.
This portion would probably never exceed 50,000 entries/records.

I am not seeking millisecond return precision on a query. In other words (for an example), if ACCESS style would give me a .75 second query return vs TEXT file of 1 -3 seconds, I'm ok with going the TEXT file route. This project is a "casual / hobby type" database- not work related.

Another aspect ... presently within EXCEL the user has the ability to use the built-in feature of FILTERING the data. A quick means of 'drilling down' through the data to display only those records
that adhere to the chosen criteria. Would the ACCESS style have that built-in ... or does it require programming such a feature as it would for the TEXT style ?

Thank you for your answers.