Thread: I love physics

Fanatic Member

I love physics

This is my fist time on this section and it seems a little... empty......

I'm an avid gamer and i also love thinking about how i would go about recreating real world physics withing a program or should i say how would i write it out using mathematics.......

i remember my very first physics program was making a ball bounce on screen using VB6 many years ago, it was a complete failure... it bounced but i didnt have any real knowledge back then on physics and how to apply it properly in programming...

my second project was a missile launching program, i got a map of the world off of the internet and got a scale worked out that enabled me to launch missiles to and place them using real time physics which meant i had to watch my program running for hours before a saw an explosion which was a Shape.Circle or something..... it was very satisfying to see it working after all the hard work i put behind it....

im proposing on this section that instead of having people post the problems..... lets post very simple coding examples on how to apply physics to your program, this is basically a calculus topic and its not hard to learn but its sometimes hard to make it work as i have found before that i didnt know really exactly what i need to be doing to make it work.......

some possible code examples would be....

lines (finding positions between 2 points on the line)

Slopes (finding positions between 2 points on a curve)

trajectories (with gravity, air resistance, and how the shape and composition may affect the trajectory) (just like slopes but with extra parameters)

just these 3 topics is enough to build a basic 3d graphics/gaming engine which was another project i did early on in my programming life.....

and from there like anything else the possibilities are endless.....
    Yes!!!
    Working from home is so much better than working in an office...
    Nothing can beat the combined stress of getting your work done on time whilst
    1. one toddler keeps pressing your AVR's power button
    2. one baby keeps crying for milk
    3. one child keeps running in and out of the house screaming and shouting
    4. one wife keeps nagging you to stop playing on the pc and do some real work.. house chores
    5. working at 1 O'clock in the morning because nobody is awake at that time
    6. being grossly underpaid for all your hard work

Re: I love physics

There are the CodeBank set of forums for code examples. Possibly CodeBank Other.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)