Thread: Printing an ObjectListview

Printing an ObjectListview

I came across an alternative to the listview, the Objectlistview, which works great.

I now need to print the items in the Objectlistview which i have done in the past using Word, but i have also come across another alternative called the ListViewPrinter but its in C#.

Has anybody used these controls successfully within vb.net ?

Thanks

Re: Printing an ObjectListview

C# is usually quite easy to convert to VB.Net
    Can you post the ListViewPrinter? I'll convert it for you...

As .paul. says, C# is usually quite easy to convert to VB.NET. Just like spoken languages, it's much easier to understand what someone says in another language than it is to speak it yourself because you can infer much from context. For instance, if you see a 'for' or 'foreach' statement in C# then it be blatantly obvious even to a beginner what the equivalent should be in VB. If you make the effort, you should be able to convert most of it yourself and we can help with the bits where you get stuck. There are even plenty of online converters that will do a pretty good job of most conversions, or you can use the trial version of Instant VB from Tangible Software Solutions, which does a great job.

Thank you for your time.

This is where i found it. https://www.codeproject.com/Articles...-printed-repor

I think he actually wrote the Objectlistview as well.

I was actually asking if anybody had successfully used it within vb.net but .paul. i can sense your interest in it and the offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It doesn't really matter whether anyone has successfully used those classes in VB.NET. What matters is what you want to do with them, what you've tried and what happened. Even if noone has ever used them in VB before, they can still be used in VB if they're .NET classes. Almost every class in the .NET Framework was written in C# and we all use those all the time. Knowing whether someone else has used them doesn't help you solve your problem or help us to help you solve it. What IS the actual problem?

Here's the class converted to VB.Net...

ListViewPrinterBase.zip

Thanks .paul. for your help. I added it to my project and got loads of errors which i will try to work through. I am assuming its because of the conversion but wanted to say thank you anyway.

Thanks