dcsimg

Thread: add a scan from a mobile device to a form

add a scan from a mobile device to a form

Hi guys i'd like to add a form in my app that will be able to scan and read a file from a device using a mobile or a scanner and display data to my form and then save it to my SQL database. How can i proceed?

Re: add a scan from a mobile device to a form

Could you elaborate? What kind of file? What kind of data? Are you using a twain or a wia scanner? Or are you taking pictures from the mobile device?

Basically i want to store articles in my store fit example computers,serveurs,etc...abd i want to do si by scanning and saving them in my database instead if manually typing the Serial number, name of PC,etc....i can use a mobile device scanning app to do so

I've worked with Cognex systems in the past and what we've done is setup a camera on a platform that takes a still picture of whatever it is that we're scanning (in your case computers), then the pattern recognition portion of the system would kick in to map out the information that we need, and finally the Visual Basic .NET software would store the mapped out information in a database.

Quote Originally Posted by okouele21 View Post
    Basically i want to store articles in my store fit example computers,serveurs,etc...abd i want to do si by scanning and saving them in my database instead if manually typing the Serial number, name of PC,etc....i can use a mobile device scanning app to do so
    anyway, please use proper grammar next time