Thread: DockPanel

DockPanel

Where can I find dockpanel controls for pinning and unpinning for visual basic .net and not C# I can't seem to find any, they all seem to be for C#

Thank you!

Re: DockPanel

You can use C# controls in VB... depending on your version of Visual Studio etc, you may be able to simply add the control to your VB project.

If you want you can easily convert C# code to VB using online converters. They aren't perfect, but you generally only require minor alterations.

PowerPoster

Every control you already use in VB projects was written in C# so that's obviously no issue. Just as you do with the standard controls from the .NET Framework, you will reference compiled assemblies in your VB project so what language was used to write them is irrelevant.

You don't want to know.

C# is the language .NET professionals chose to represent .NET concepts. VB .NET is a .NET language, but outnumbered 10 to 1 in terms of Microsoft's admitted numbers. Anyone who spends as much as 2 hours studying C# tutorials knows enough to follow 99.9% of C# examples and convert them to VB .NET.

That said, it's a sign of quality when a site provides examples in both VB .NET and C#. It takes extra work for their writers to do so, and extra work to verify both samples are correct. So if you find one with both kinds of samples and balk at its price, keep in mind "we think VB .NET is worthy of attention" is a feature.
    This answer is wrong. You should be using TableAdapter and Dictionaries instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitten Spynne View Post
    C# is the language .NET professionals chose to represent .NET concepts. VB .NET is a .NET language, but outnumbered 10 to 1 in terms of Microsoft's admitted numbers. Anyone who spends as much as 2 hours studying C# tutorials knows enough to follow 99.9% of C# examples and convert them to VB .NET.

That said, it's a sign of quality when a site provides examples in both VB .NET and C#. It takes extra work for their writers to do so, and extra work to verify both samples are correct. So if you find one with both kinds of samples and balk at its price, keep in mind "we think VB .NET is worthy of attention" is a feature.
    I am going to say this much, Sitten is right, I beg to differ that all pros rely on C#, as much as they do Vb.net (Microsoft as sitten said also likes to push data they collect, as you can tell by that sentence in house data is hardly ever correct when you are selling a product)

I use C# examples a lot, because much of the vb.net examples are outdated or don't work properly, I always ask if I can't get something to convert, hince why a lot of times my questions are about code conversions.

Vb.net direct stuff is rare, most of the time they advertise it first with C# before mentioning vb.net, CefSharp is a good example, its for .NET, aside from the language its written in being C#, you would think they would mention examples of VB.net since its used just as much if not more than C# (Okay maybe I am getting carried away saying its used more than C#) point is, C# isn't a bad thing, and C# is convertable or useable in vb.net for *most* of anything.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.