dcsimg
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Crystal reports help needed.

  1. #1

    Thread Starter
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    31

    Crystal reports help needed.

    Hello,

    I am working on a cinema hall booking project for some time & it is almost complete with adding movie, movie time, rates according to sit class, taxes, printing tickets etc. I have the database ready. Now I want to create reports from the data. I am using Crystal Reports 8.5. I have worked with CR in past but I need your help. I want to create a report as attached .pdf file. I know I have to group them but need help as it has been a while since last I used CR. Give me an outline how to create the report.

    Thanks,

    Dharmesh Joshi
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

    Thread Starter
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    31

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    Can anyone suggest other forums to get help on this?

  3. #3
    PowerPoster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    This site has a forum dedicated to CR:

    http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm

    I doubt you will have much more luck there though. What your asking is fairly nebulas - "Give me an outline how to create the report". That seems pretty hard to answer to me. Can you be more specific?
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Dec 8th, 2017 at 05:51 AM.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  4. #4

    Thread Starter
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    31

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    This site has a forum dedicated to CR:

    http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm

    I doubt you will have much more luck there though. What your asking is fairly nebulas - "Give me an outline how to create the report". That seems pretty hard to answer to me. Can you be more specific?
    Thanks Tyson for the link.

    I have following fields in database.
    1. Serial Number of ticket
    2. Screen name
    3. Date of Show
    4. Time of Show
    5. Movie Name
    6. Class of seat
    7. Rate of ticket
    8. Tax collected
    and other fields not related to the report.

    I want create a report by filtering out the data as in attached file.

    Hope my question is more clear now.

    Should I create a query in MS Access database & create the report or can I create the report directly from the table itself?

    Thanks again.

    Dharmesh Joshi

  5. #5
    PowerPoster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    Do you know how to open up a Crystal Report, connect to a database, select the columns onto the report, and just run that basic report? If you can't do those basics then it would be tough to put in a post how to get just that far. If you Google:

    vb 6.0 crystal reports tutorial

    You will get some YouTube examples. Here is one.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYJZ98S-no
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  6. #6

    Thread Starter
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    31

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    Do you know how to open up a Crystal Report, connect to a database, select the columns onto the report, and just run that basic report? If you can't do those basics then it would be tough to put in a post how to get just that far. If you Google:

    vb 6.0 crystal reports tutorial

    You will get some YouTube examples. Here is one.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYJZ98S-no
    Thanks Tyson for the quick reply.

    I do know basics of crystal reports. I have included ticket printing in crystal report in the same project.

    I need help because the reports has many filters.

    Thanks,

    Dharmesh Joshi

  7. #7
    PowerPoster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    What do you mean by "filtering out"? Do you mean you need help getting it off the database? What version of Crystal are you using?
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  8. #8

    Thread Starter
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    31

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    What do you mean by "filtering out"? Do you mean you need help getting it off the database? What version of Crystal are you using?
    Hi,

    The database has data for more than 1 day so first filter will be Date of Show, next filter will be Time of show (this will form a group), next filter will be Class of seat (toe classes, Gold & Silver).

    I am using Crystal Reports 8.5

    Thanks,

    Dharmesh Joshi

  9. #9
    PowerPoster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    This is starting to feel like pulling teeth

    Are you trying to:

    1. From a VB program prompt a user for "filter criteria"
    2. Connect to a database and select the data based on what the user entered.
    3. Using that returned data pull up a Crystal report.

    If you are start by creating the crystal report in Crystal Reports and pulling up the data unfiltered. Let me know when you have that done.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  10. #10

    Thread Starter
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    31

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    This is starting to feel like pulling teeth

    Are you trying to:

    1. From a VB program prompt a user for "filter criteria"
    2. Connect to a database and select the data based on what the user entered.
    3. Using that returned data pull up a Crystal report.

    If you are start by creating the crystal report in Crystal Reports and pulling up the data unfiltered. Let me know when you have that done.
    Hello,

    I have created a report already and attaching it. Please review it.

    Thanks

    Sorry, can't upload report as the format is not supported.

  11. #11
    PowerPoster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Crystal reports help needed.

    I don't need to. Please answer my questions:

    Are you trying to:
    1. From a VB program prompt a user for "filter criteria"
    2. Connect to a database and select the data based on what the user entered.
    3. Using that returned data pull up a Crystal report.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Featured


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width