Thread: how to see/copy code from VB express 2010 so that i can paste it into an .hta?

how to see/copy code from VB express 2010 so that i can paste it into an .hta?

i need to copy a "form" i created in vb 2010 express and paste it into an html editor i am using for developing an .hta?
    how can i do this? i just installed vb 2010 today

Re: how to see/copy code from VB express 2010 so that i can paste it into an .hta?

I don't see how that could be useful. Your Windows Form will contain VB code, not HTML, so how would pasting it into an HTML editor be helpful? You would need to have installed Visual Web Developer Express and created a Web Form to get something that could be edited as HTML. Note that VS 2017 Community Edition is also free, much newer and more functional and can handle both Windows and Web applications.

Re: how to see/copy code from VB express 2010 so that i can paste it into an .hta?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    I don't see how that could be useful. Your Windows Form will contain VB code, not HTML, so how would pasting it into an HTML editor be helpful? You would need to have installed Visual Web Developer Express and created a Web Form to get something that could be edited as HTML. Note that VS 2017 Community Edition is also free, much newer and more functional and can handle both Windows and Web applications.
    I am making an hta that runs batch and vbscript. <script language="vbscript"> Code . . . </script>

I am new to coding so I started my app using batch and power shell and then that lead me to start using vbscript which has lead me to using vb. I need to somehow get the vb over to the hta or get the hta over to the vb 2010 or anything like that that can be used to go further in this project.
    Any ideas?

If you click the Show All Files button at the top pf the Solution Explorer and expand the node for your form, you can open the designer code file and then copy and paste as much as you like. I still don't see how that's going to help though. VB.NET is not VB Script and designer code to configure a VB.NET form is going to require significant modification to do anything useful as VB Script. If you want to write VB Script in an HTML document then it seems to me that the thing to do would be to write the VB Script.