Thread: VB6 Work

VB6 Work

Hello. I am an independent programmer who has been operating primarily as a one-man company for the last 8+ years. I am looking to expand, or at least maintain a fairly robust roster of clientele, and I have been doing a juggling act all this time in keeping up with the workload. Recently I have come across a number of opportunities to maintain VB6 projects (varied industries) and it would be desirable to have a "right-hand man/woman" interested in working steadily on these for projects for me. Number of hours per week as well as hourly rate are open for discussion. If interested, please respond here or PM me.

*** NOTE: Please view this post independent from the post I made earlier regarding a VB4 project to monitor animal's physiological processes. That is a specialized application and I am dealing with that separately, and will likely work with a different programmer on that one. The projects I am referring to in this post are more general in nature (client/server variety). ***
    "It's cold gin time again ..."

Check out my website here.

PowerPoster

Re: VB6 Work

BruceG,

I'm very interested in hearing more information about the VB6 work opportunities you posted about in the Open Positions forum. I know I only very recently joined these forums, but I've been programming in flavors of Basic since 2nd grade, and in Visual Basic since 1999. I can give you a much more detailed "history of me", but I have a few questions first.

Is the work primarily focused on bug-fixes? Enhancements? Performance improvements? New development projects?

When you say client-server, is it mostly SQL on the backend? Or not?

Can you give me a few examples of projects sitting on your plate that you would assign if you had someone working for you now?

I'm just trying to gauge if I feel like I might be a good fit for you. It's obviously possible to program in a language like Visual Basic for a long, long time and never touch certain aspects of it. For example, if you came back and said that you need someone who has extensive experience in subclassing, I would tell you that's not me.

I just don't want to waste a lot of your time if I know that the type of projects you need someone to work on are in areas of VB that I have little experience with.

Thanks!

PS - I tried to send this to you via PM, but I think I'm too new to send PM's, and I'm not sure if I can receive them either.

OB1

Re PM's ..
    1. click Settings on menu-bar at upper right of the screen
    2. At top left, under My Messages, click Sent

BTW, a belated welcome to the Forums ..
    Since 2nd grade .. that's impressive !

Spoo

OptionBase1: thank you very much for responding. I did in fact receive your PM, and responded back to you via PM as well, where I left you my contact info. In case you did not get it, my contact info (phone and email) can be found on my website www.thevbprogrammer.com. Give me a call or send me an email to discuss further.

PowerPoster

Sounds good. There must be some account age and/or post count threshold for private messages to function properly, since I still don't see my message to you in my Sent items, nor do I see your reply to me in my Inbox. So I will send you an email in a few minutes. Thanks!

Something funky seems to have happened, because I don't see the PM I sent you in my Sent Items (sigh). Anyway, please do email or call.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

PowerPoster

Email sent - hopefully your spam filter doesn't flag it due to rambling incoherence