dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Things getting weird: 1) Resource mgr gone (sort of), 2) Word automation complaining

Threaded View

Resolved [RESOLVED] Things getting weird: 1) Resource mgr gone (sort of), 2) Word automation complaining

Things were fine yesterday, but something has changed.

First, my resource manager is trying to hide from me:

Name:  res.png
Views: 595
Size:  5.0 KB

That's it, that #2000. But why isn't it called "Resource Manager"?

(EDIT: Just as an FYI, I've got all the other "canned" Add-Ins moved out. That "Mark Selected Controls" Add-In is something written by me that I seldom load or use.)

And secondly, and I have a sneaking suspicion it's related, Word is complaining when I automate it from VB6. And this is in code that's been working just fine for decades:

Name:  WordError.png
Views: 579
Size:  4.6 KB

And I also get this error when I attempt to open the Word file with ShellExecute. Just something as simple as ...

Code:

ShellEx = ShellExecuteW(0&, StrPtr(sOperation), StrPtr(sFileName), 0&, 0&, lShowCmd)

... where sOperation = "Open".

What's the deal? Is this some Windows 10 update giving me problems?

Grrr...
    Last edited by Elroy; Nov 17th, 2017 at 01:22 PM.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. Please understand that I’ve been programming since the mid-1970s and still have some of that code. My contemporary VB6 project is approaching 1,000 modules. In addition, I have a “VB6 random code folder” that is overflowing. I’ve been at this long enough to truly not know with absolute certainty from whence every single line of my code has come, with much of it coming from programmers under my employ who signed intellectual property transfers. I have not deliberately attempted to remove any licenses and/or attributions from any software. If someone finds that I have inadvertently done so, I sincerely apologize, and, upon notice and reasonable proof, will re-attach those licenses and/or attributions. To all, peace and happiness.