Thread: Displayport adapter

PowerPoster

Displayport adapter

Got a Surface Pro 4, I need to connect a device with a micro HDMI. I can't find a micro HDMI to Displayport adapter. Lots of HDMI to Displayport. I could chain adapters(micro hdmi->hdmi->displayport) but not sure if that would work. I've google and search EggHead and Fry's, but no luck. Anyone have any experience connecting a micro hdmi to a Displayport?

Re: Displayport adapter

While it's not ideal, I can't see why chaining multiple adapters wouldn't work. I'd say that the chance of finding a DisplayPort to Micro HDMI adapter is next to zero.

Sinecure devotee

So, you're talking the mini Display port on the Surface Pro 4 to a display with a micro hdmi input.
    Would a cable like the one at this link be what you're looking for?

p.s. This might be a better link as it is in stock and shows the connector ends more clearly.
    Last edited by passel; Nov 14th, 2017 at 06:01 PM.

PowerPoster

passel, Thanks for the links but that's not quite what I'm looking for. I need a female micro hdmi to a male mini Displayport.

Sinecure devotee

Since the signals are digital, although DisplayPort is actually packet based i.e. like an Ethernet connection which is why they need power to run the packet processing hardware, using multiple adapters to get to the needed connection at each end should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by passel View Post
    Since the signals are digital, although DisplayPort is actually packet based i.e. like an Ethernet connection which is why they need power to run the packet processing hardware, using multiple adapters to get to the needed connection at each end should work fine.
    keep in mind that pure displayport requires the computer to supply the timing signal so if you chain adapters you may need to spend extra cash and get an active adapter
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell