Thread: Admin - don't pass this question

Admin - don't pass this question

Sorry, I got a message when posting my first question but could not read in time. Still not posted :|

Re: Admin - don't pass this question

Oh? How come this one got posted and my first one did not? It was really long... was it too long?

Thanks

Welcome to VBForums

Thread moved to 'Forum Feedback', which is where questions about site usage etc belong

We get quite a lot of spam here, so we have various measures to prevent it. The one that applied in this case is that some posts by new members need to be manually approved by a Moderator (or Admin) before they become visible.

The automatic system that decides which posts it applies to is very good at stopping a large percentage of the spam, but does mean that a few valid posts aren't visible straight away (basically until a moderator visits the site), and that happened for some of your posts.

I have removed the duplicates, and the remaining copy of your question is here:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...ost-Impossible

Thanks a lot for your help, is there any way to upvote answers or comments?

Thank you!

Upvote? No. After a certain number of posts though, you can rep a person via the post that helped. But this is a discussion-based forum, so there's no up or down voting. It would shuffle the reponses and cause the threads to not make sense.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Upvote? No. After a certain number of posts though, you can rep a person via the post that helped. But this is a discussion-based forum, so there's no up or down voting. It would shuffle the reponses and cause the threads to not make sense.

-tg
    Ahhh okay, I understand thanks for your help.

Luceee

Actually, in THIS forum (Forum Feedback), you CAN upvote ( ie, give someone REP).
    • Click on the (rate this post) "button" at the bottom of the thread you want to rate
    • Move your mouse to the "textbox" to enter a comment
    • Click "OK" in the message box that then appears near the top of your screen.

TG might have been thinking about the Chit/Chat Forum .. no ratings possible in that one.

Spoo

No, TG was thinking more like SO, where you can upvote a specific response, which causes it to move higher on the page. All the answers are visible, but the one with the most votes rises to the top. If we upvoted replies, it would get pretty weird. For one thing, they'd have to stay where they were to maintain the continuity of the discussion, so all you might see was some kind of indication that one particular response got more votes than others. There wouldn't be any order to it, though, so it wouldn't be all that useful. At best, you might be able to skim a thread looking for the highest number, but then there would be a fair chance that the highest voted reply only made sense in the context of the replies that came before.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Hmm.. what the heck is SO?

SO = StackOverflow [dot] com

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Merci