Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News, few guys in China wanna write a new basic language

Hyperactive Member

Breaking News, few guys in China wanna write a new basic language

there were few guys here in China that wanna write a new Basic Language.
    And they have already making some efforts of it.

There were two groups of them.

Code:
    group 1 wanna enhance the function of old VB6.exe, such as develop some extension add-ins or maybe try to take over vb6.exe
    group 1 has a great effort of real inherit in VB6... they can inherit method and attributes of another class module unlimitedly. not just inherit simulation by using "implements".
    They call this version VB6X
    Code:
    group 2 wanna rewrite a fully new basic language using VC6.0, the called "New Basic".
    there will be below features:
    1.Fully BASIC syntax compatibility
       will use BASIC syntax and will make some progress of VB6
    2.Mixed programming, will be able to write almost each and every language in New Basic
       New Basic do not compile other language sentences, but leave compile work to the original language compiler
       and then New Basic will link obj file to make a execute file
    3.the features that VB6 does not obtain such as, native multi-threading

group 2 has also make great efforts. they are now write New Basic IDE, and they have one guy to write compiler.

but this group have two guys only. one for IDE and the other compiler.

and they wanna communicate with anyone has experiences of rewriting c2.exe or hacking c2.exe or anything can help.

I know little VB6, I can not help programing, but i can help communication maybe.

if there is someone that is interested in what i said above, you are welcome to PM me or write to loquat520@qq.com

Hyperactive Member

Re: Breaking News, few guys in China wanna write a new basic language

guys here wanna ask for some help if possible.

Just seeing the word "wanna" makes me think twice about the veracity of this information!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Hyperactive Member

yes maybe this will be a great work to do, and it maybe will not suceed after all
    but they have tried almost a year, and i think they are serious this time, they want to do something

Hyperactive Member

they have analyze the obj file, the have success in full real inherit in vb6

The fact that they are (or loquat is) talking about enhancements before a core product is done is also suspicious.

Loquat, I can tell you where you'd/they'd need to start. They'd need to develop a p-code interpreter that could execute existing VB6 source code.

Forget Intellisense, forget references and components (at least on the first pass), forget resources (on the first pass), even forget CLS modules on the first pass (although that'd be easy if you can handle a FRM). Just read a simple VBP file (with a couple of forms and a couple of BAS modules), show the code in simple editor windows, and have a way to execute it.

You can talk about all the wonderful new features all you want. But if they can't demonstrate an ability to get over that first hurdle, this is all hyperbole.

Best Regards,
    Elroy
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Hyperactive Member

Hi Elroy
    i m not a skilled vb6 coder, all i can help is my bad English.
    i'll talk to the guys who i talk about to explain what VB6X and NB is, and what that they can do, later
    maybe u and other guys here can understand what they do, sorry for my bad English and behavior as well as bad programming common sence

hope u guys can pay attension to this thread later...

is this some kind of windUP?
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

Hyperactive Member

to ChirsE
    no i think they serious...

Fanatic Member

Hey to anybody that's been reading / following this thread, I have built a VB6 clone a while back!

Full IDE
    Code Editor
    Spell Checker
    Forms editor
    Run / Debug modes
    Object Browser
    Project Explorer
    Component Manager
    Toolbox Drag-n-Drop
    Intelligence
    Capable of Reading VB6 files VBP, FRM, FRX etc
    Language Enhancements
    IDE Enhancements
    And much more...

One of my posts here on VBForums has screenshots of my IDE running.

I have the code mothballed on a disk somewhere, or I'd upload more screenshots.

EDIT: I dug out the CD and made a couple of screenshots and then cut and pasted a few of the popup menus onto the main picture so you can see some of the options.

It's been a while since I ran the code and don't know why the ToolBox ICONs are showing up so small, but whatever.

Name:  V7_SS6.jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  59.8 KB

Here is a shot of the object browser - currently it's not setup as a MDI Child Form

Name:  V7_SS7.jpg
Views: 1858
Size:  50.4 KB

Here is the Add File Dialog - Title's messed up as it should say Add UserControl

Name:  V7_SS8.JPG
Views: 1757
Size:  20.7 KB

Here is a shot of the File Menu - It has it quirks, not sure why there are underscores in the menu title

Name:  V7_SS9.JPG
Views: 1771
Size:  25.1 KB

One of the nice modifications is that when the IDE encounters and error, there's no MsgBox that pops up which needs to be clicked. The bad code statement turns Red along with a warning message and an audible sound, but nothing to slow down typing or any immediate action required by the user.

You can clear the debug window from the IDE or from code - Debug.Clear. You can also save the immediate window with Debug.Save or you can use Debug.Print and many others.

You can also 'Hot-Spot' desired properties so that when you add a new control on a Form, you don't have to jump back and forth to the properties pane, the selected properties popup right next to the control being added. Common and popular properties such as Name are automatically added to the Hot-Spot list.
    Last edited by stuck-n-past; Nov 12th, 2017 at 12:09 AM.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by stuck-n-past View Post
    Hey to anybody that's been reading / following this thread, I have built a VB6 clone a while back!

Full IDE
    Code Editor
    Spell Checker
    Forms editor
    Run / Debug modes
    Object Browser
    Project Explorer
    Component Manager
    Toolbox Drag-n-Drop
    Intelligence
    Capable of Reading VB6 files VBP, FRM, FRX etc
    Language Enhancements
    IDE Enhancements
    And much more...

One of my posts here on VBForums has screenshots of my IDE running.

I have the code mothballed on a disk somewhere, or I'd upload more screenshots.

EDIT: I dug out the CD and made a couple of screenshots and then cut and pasted a few of the popup menus onto the main picture so you can see some of the options.

It's been a while since I ran the code and don't know why the ToolBox ICONs are showing up so small, but whatever.

Name:  V7_SS6.jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  59.8 KB

Here is a shot of the object browser - currently it's not setup as a MDI Child Form

Name:  V7_SS7.jpg
Views: 1858
Size:  50.4 KB

Here is the Add File Dialog - Title's messed up as it should say Add UserControl

Name:  V7_SS8.JPG
Views: 1757
Size:  20.7 KB

Here is a shot of the File Menu - It has it quirks, not sure why there are underscores in the menu title

Name:  V7_SS9.JPG
Views: 1771
Size:  25.1 KB

One of the nice modifications is that when the IDE encounters and error, there's no MsgBox that pops up which needs to be clicked. The bad code statement turns Red along with a warning message and an audible sound, but nothing to slow down typing or any immediate action required by the user.

You can clear the debug window from the IDE or from code - Debug.Clear. You can also save the immediate window with Debug.Save or you can use Debug.Print and many others.

You can also 'Hot-Spot' desired properties so that when you add a new control on a Form, you don't have to jump back and forth to the properties pane, the selected properties popup right next to the control being added. Common and popular properties such as Name are automatically added to the Hot-Spot list.
    is ur ide for vb6? what language does it develped by?

Quote Originally Posted by loquat View Post
    to ChirsE
    no i think they serious...
    well I wish them good luck
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

Fanatic Member

The IDE's current lexical syntax routines are written to support the Visual Basic programming language with certain enhancements.

I'm more eager to hear some news from Olaf's effort on the subject -- at least he knows what he's up to.

cheers,
    </wqw>

Fanatic Member

Ouch! - that stings a bit.

Do these guys know that you cannot write a VB6 compiler (something that produces .obj files) without first implementing a full-blown VB6 interpreter? You just need an interpreter to compile these VB6 forms. . .

cheers,
    </wqw>

Fanatic Member

Hey wqweto - I'm not sure what distinction your making between the IDE and an Interpreter, but what I created and provided screenshots of, is an IDE that is used to develop and Run VB code. You can take an existing VB project and it will load it and run, displaying forms, respond to events just as the normal Microsoft IDE does. Which means that it interprets visual basic syntax, end executes it's statements.

For improved speed, it converts the 'English' statements into byte code so that once it's checked and the syntax is error free, the IDE can cruse along with minimal validation and greater performance.

And for your statement about not being able to write a compiler without an interpreter, well that is quite inaccurate. No interpreter is needed to 'compile' Forms, and I have batch files that will rebuild all of my support routines, Class Modules, User Controls and Main programs from a command line without even starting the interpreter. There have been many flavors of the 'Basic' programming language all without interpreters, in fact most languages were first started with only a compiler.

"In The Beginning" One made use of punched cards to write code statements and sent them off to be compiled. There was no such thing as interpreters, there weren't even online editors available for a Rapid Development Environment to live in.

The next huge leap was the luxury of 'Line-Editors' where a programmer could change only a select group of characters at a time, then re-display the statement to see if the substitution worked. These steps could be repeated with each line of code that needed to be modified or created. Lots and lots of printouts were used to try and get an idea of what the program looked like.

Then came the Sci-Fi miracle of a full-screen editor where you could actually go to and change characters anywhere the cursor was displayed. But still no interpreter, only a compiler. Paper output was slowing down, but still being pumped out like mad.

I left out rope-programs that were used for embedded systems, but there were generations of languages well before interpreters ever came about.

Some of the early home-computers had interpreted systems, but I'm not sure if you could classify them as an IDE, and most of these animals stopped there and didn't even offer a compiler to create native code.

You could buy a TRS-80 that would run what one might call interpreted code way back when, and it even allowed one to save programs on a cassette tape recorder.

So anyway, before saying things like - "at least he knows what he's up to.", you might want to double check your facts, as you might be including yourself in the same group of those 'not knowing'
    Last edited by stuck-n-past; Nov 13th, 2017 at 08:19 PM.

PowerPoster

Hey wqweto - I'm not sure what distinction your making between the IDE and an Interpreter, but what I created and provided screenshots of, is an IDE that is used to develop and Run VB code.
    I think his statement was not really directed at you (not meant as a sneer at your efforts)...

But with regards to the need of an Interpreter-like code-execution, he's right - when one wants to have:
    1) basic Debug-capabilities (BreakPoints, Step-By-Step-Mode, Variable-Value-ToolTips, etc.) AND
    2) Edit&Continue-capabilities
    ... then an Interpreter-like "Execution-Engine" is needed (within the IDE-Process).

It's exactly these two Debug-features, which make up a huge part of what we would call a RAD-IDE
    (the other larger part of RADishness would be "convenient Form-Design along with Control-Event-Binding").

From your ScreenShots I can tell, that you've put in quite some effort (man-month's if not -years) to come that far -
    I guess you also have basic Form-Designer-capabilities integrated (writing changes back into *.frm or *.ctl files ?) -
    but I'm quite sure, that your IDE does not have any Debugging-capabilities, nor does it have Edit&Continue.

That's what he (implicitely) meant with regards to needing "an interpreter".

Olaf

Let me give you an example: In an Std-EXE project add Form1 and UserControl1 and then place an instance on UserControl1 on Form1. Put a breakpoint in UserControl1_ReadProperties or WriteProperties and then compile the whole project. When Form1 is compiled you'll hit the breakpoint. If you have more instances of UserControl1 on Form1 you might hit it several times. If you have a second form with an instance of UserControl1 you'll hit the breakpoint when the second form is compiled too.

Obviously in ReadProperties you can call any function in .bas modules, create instances of classes in referenced libraries including Ax-DLL projects in current project group, you can access control's site through Extender property and VB's form through Parent property -- you get the full interpreter mode execution while compiling the project.

cheers,
    </wqw>

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    I guess you also have basic Form-Designer-capabilities integrated (writing changes back into *.frm or *.ctl files ?) -
    Olaf
    Yes is has a complete form designer which uses drag-n-drop selecting of controls from the ToolBar and placing them on a form with complete access to all of it's properties

but I'm quite sure, that your IDE does not have any Debugging-capabilities, nor does it have Edit&Continue.

It most certainly does have the ability to Debug, Edit and Continue, that's the most important aspect of a Rapid Development Environment. When in 'Break' mode you can hover over a variables and it will display there values, text or numeric. If it's numeric it shows values in Decimal, Hex and Binary.

While single stepping it highlights the current code statement, including continued lines and multiple statements per line when using a colon to separate them.

Also while in Step mode there is a complete call stack display so that you can tell where and what nested level you might be at during execution.

You can setup watch variables while debugging to keep track as values change.

Another feature is that you can 'automate' the single step function with a variable delay so that you can slowly watch as the IDE steps through the code all by itself. Then once reaching a desired location in the code, you can break in to examine whatever.

The whole purpose in having a clone of VB was to be able to single-step and watch / change code on the fly.

I had come to realize that I had over the years worked on so many little projects, that when looked at in there entirety, I had covered many of the features that were needed to make and IDE. So I spent a couple of months to pull things together and build one.

Surprisingly the object browser took a disproportionate amount of time to create, but that was because I had never done anything like it before.

But with regards to the need of an Interpreter-like code-execution, he's right - when one wants to have:
    1) basic Debug-capabilities (BreakPoints, Step-By-Step-Mode, Variable-Value-ToolTips, etc.) AND
    2) Edit&Continue-capabilities
    ... then an Interpreter-like "Execution-Engine" is needed (within the IDE-Process).
    It is not a requirement to have an interpreter to be able to single step, add break points, evaluate / set / change variables in a compiled project.

I've spent countless years debugging and setting break points in programs using many different languages that had nothing even close to an interpreter. You set options on the compiler and linker to include symbol information directly into the executable. The when run, the debugger, makes use of the embedded symbols to link back to the original source code files synchronizing them and displaying a line by line execution of the code.

One of the most exciting enhancements, one of my favorites, of the VB language that I've added is an additional argument passing method. I've always hated it when VB told me that I was not allowed to pass certain data types to a subroutine.

My new method is ByOrg, or by Origin which instead of a physical address / pointer that refers back to a variable stored in memory on a stack or wherever, it actually alters the scope for the particular variable.

Its almost like your running the subroutine code back in the module where the variable was initially declared. By doing this there is no concern as to the datatype being placed on the stack and anything can be passed. Well actually using the term passed isn't really correct when using the ByOrg modifier.

There is a huge restriction to using ByOrg, it can't be used with recursion, but it's still a really cool method if you know how to use it. Well that's not entirely accurate, as long as you understand that its more of a selected 'Global' variable then one which is just passed on the stack. So if you understand the implementation, then recursion isn't a problem.
    Last edited by stuck-n-past; Nov 14th, 2017 at 09:59 AM.

@stuck-n-past: That sounds impressive. Do you plan on releasing your effort as an open source project?

Your ByOrg hack looks like a poor man's closure as implemented in languages that have lamdas or allow declaring sub-functions in other functions scope.

cheers,
    </wqw>

Fanatic Member

wqweto: OK - Well if you classify using a Global variable as a Hack, then I guess you can consider the ByOrg one as well.

The idea was to have the best of both worlds, have a globally defined variable but still limit it's access which can be controlled by the programmer. So in some regards it's safer then a typical variable declared as global because you can still have control over it's scope.

My original thinking in creating the VB clone was simply a proof-of-concept, could one create a language from itself. And the answer was yes it could be done. As it currently stands, the project isn't complete, there's more work needed before it could be considered a polished program.

I had many milestones in the development, loading existing projects, saving projects, Form designer, lexical syntax processing, code execution, debugging, and the support utilities, specifically the Object-Browser.

It might sound odd to some as to why the object browser was built especially once the amount of time required to complete it is revealed. But it is actually at the heart of the IDE with just about everything depending upon it's internal functions.

As VB is very reliant upon processing events, once I was able to load and run projects that could respond to events, I felt as if I had accomplished what I had set out to do. It has to be some of the most enjoyable code I've ever worked on, and from time to time I would sneak back to play with the code tweaking things, adding new features and such. But I never finished the IDE as I couldn't spend all of my time having fun with a non-paying project.

As for your question about releasing the code as an Open Source Project, yes I've thought about it and that reality is coming closer all the time. By making use of many past projects to build the IDE, there's proprietary code involved in some of the routines making up the core functions. I'm bound by contract not to release parts of the source code being used, but with each new project I work on, that's changing.

One thing I hate most of all in programming is to have multiple versions of the same code, so when I need to reuse code from the past, I do my best to create some form of a compiled object. Along these lines, a considerable amount of the proprietary code is being 'secured' within object modules that are not subject to the confidentiality clause. So it's foreseeable that in the fairly near future I could release the IDE once all of the sensitive code is protected.
    Last edited by stuck-n-past; Nov 14th, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

PowerPoster

we seem to be taling passed each other.

per: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bcew296c.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by MSDN
    Edit and Continue is a time-saving feature that enables you to make changes to your source code while your program is in break mode.
    so being able to change a variable is not the same as being able to change code on the fly.

Fanatic Member

DEX - yes there is quite a distinction between modifying the value in a memory location vs changing code on the fly. My IDE will allow the user to perform any changes in break-mode that one can do when at Idle. And as one would expect, some changes require a restart instead of being able to simply continue. And I have to say that my IDE probably isn't quite as flexible when it comes to some changes made while in the break-mode, meaning you might find yourself having to restart a bit more frequently.

I have kept a change, fix and wish lists-log files along the way identifying several areas that could increase the flexibility allowing more changes to be made without a complete restart. Unfortunately its still just a list and they have not yet been implemented.

Edit:

Sorry - it's been a while since I've worked on my IDE and things are coming to mind as I write these posts. The Wend statement is still supported, but End While has been added, and the intellisense works with the Select Case statements.

There's also a feature to lock the upper/lower case of names within enumeration code blocks.

It's amazing how liberating it is to have had pet-peeves for years, many stupid little annoying things about the IDE, that when you have you own source code can be corrected with relative ease. In fact its hard not to stop what you might be working on just to go back and make things right.

I can't begin to imagine what VB would be like if it were an open source project and had been since the beginning. It's capabilities today would be astonishing.
    Last edited by stuck-n-past; Nov 14th, 2017 at 11:33 AM.

PowerPoster

what you have is still impressive

and yes the guts of the Object browser is basically the symbol table - which is the heart of any compiler and IDE.

Hyperactive Member

Will we be getting a download to try this new take on VB6? What can we do as a group to make this happen. This is an amazing accomplishment and I think we all are eagerly awaiting the release.

PS. Does this have the ability to be cross platform?
    What are the dependencies?
    What compiler is it using?

Once Open sourced , could the vbrichclient framework be implemented in this?
    Last edited by axisdj; Nov 14th, 2017 at 12:16 PM.

Fanatic Member

Thanks DEX, I wish I had more time to spend on it as its not only enjoyable, but it would be great to have a finished project. It would be nice if it supported multiple models able to use more then just a com 'framework', something more general allowing portability to other platforms.

Stuck,

I really want to believe you, but it's difficult.

What language is this thing written in?

You say you've got an Object Browser. Can we see that, with its source code?

If a working shareware clone of VB6 ever did come about, it would certainly make Microsoft sit up and take notice. IMHO, it would put a COM-based version of VB back on the map, and possibly compel Microsoft to release a VB7. There's enough support for .NET now that it's difficult to believe that they still think that endeavor would be threatened. Also, we all know that they actively maintain a COM-based version of VB because this is effectively what the VBA is.

Best Regards,
    Elroy
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

PowerPoster

The main difference with VBA is the Widget set, designer, ability to make a UserControl, ActiveX EXE, Standrd EXE, DLL, as well as obsolete Project types, and of course the complete lack of a pass 2 native compiler (C2.exe).

So just about everything important. It is basically an interpreted macro scripting language and not a compiler.

We can dream but I don't really expect anything to ever change minds at Microsoft. They have far too much invested in .Net now, so much they are building lifeboats for it as they try to move away from Windows and kill the platform.

Hey, I'd be impressed if someone came up with an Open Source version of a VB6-like IDE that just had p-code and could handle BAS, FRM, & CLS modules.

On a first pass, forget user controls, machine language compiling, ActiveX DLLs, EXEs, OCXs.

Let's just see the beginning of something!

Elroy

And hey, forget Intellisense too on the first pass. Heck, I go back and forth on whether I like the IDE always reformatting my white-space (and I know that Intellisense is much more than that).
    Last edited by Elroy; Nov 14th, 2017 at 02:06 PM.

PowerPoster

Go take a look a FreeBasic. 20 years later (slight exaggeration) it is mature but not at all RAD.

I've looked at FreeBasic (and others) before, but never all that seriously.

From a quick glance, it does seem that FreeBasic possibly does have the beginnings of a p-code compiler. However, I'm not convinced it's COM based. Also (and maybe I needed to look further, but) I didn't see any Windows-style interface design capabilities. If we can't design windows, we're DOA in today's world.

But hey, maybe it's a start.

Take Care,
    Elroy

PowerPoster

You can make and use windows, it is just done in a typical "dark world" fashion: brute force code. Sort of like writing a Windows application in C, or a GUI application for any platform in Python.

If there is any "p-code" it is more likely than not just an intermediate output from pass 1 to pass 2 of the compiler.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by axisdj View Post
    Will we be getting a download to try this new take on VB6?
    I think not.

Does this have the ability to be cross platform?
    No.

What are the dependencies?
    The usual bunch (the VB6-runtime, MS-CommonControls, ssTab, etc.).

What compiler is it using?
    The shelled (original) VB6.exe.

The IDE works as a kind of "Makro-like PreProcessor" for the old VB6-compiler.

Olaf

Hyperactive Member

FreeBASIC relies on GCC and I understand it compile to native code, x86 and x64. As for GUI design, there is FireFly for FreeBASIC. Although I did not go into FreeBASIC, I did use FireFly for PowerBASIC for a short while.

FireFly:
    http://www.planetsquires.com/protect...p?topic=3643.0

but it would be great to have a finished project.
    If you "open source" this, and there is enough interest, you can pretty much guarantee that someone or a group of someones will fork and finish this. You'd see things you never dreamed of putting into it in the first place. But like I said, there has to be a strong interest in this. If interest is too low it would just sit there with maybe one or two contributions a year. Making it open source would actually be a great way to see how much interest there is out there in VB6.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Hyperactive Member

I think not.

No.

The usual bunch (the VB6-runtime, MS-CommonControls, ssTab, etc.).

The shelled (original) VB6.exe.

The IDE works as a kind of "Makro-like PreProcessor" for the old VB6-compiler.

Olaf
    Well that really sucks! haha, when it sounds too good to be true it is.

Fanatic Member

Well this is not the first time I've made the existence of my IDE known to others, and while is causes a little bit of a buzz right off the bat, there really isn't much interest on a larger scale. Believe me, if I thought it was something that would take-off so to speak, I'd do something about it.

Here's a small list of some files for the main IDE, many are in other directories
    Code:
    11/14/2017  04:32 PM    <DIR>          .
    11/14/2017  04:32 PM    <DIR>          ..
    03/09/2015  07:00 PM             4,857 cFuncCall.cls
    02/02/2015  07:34 PM               631 Class.cls
    11/11/2017  09:51 PM    <DIR>          Code To Use
    12/13/2015  04:19 PM            23,242 Code_Keywords_export.txt
    12/09/2015  07:52 AM             6,193 CONTROL.FRM
    12/10/2015  07:21 PM         6,823,936 Copy (2) of vX.mdb
    10/30/2014  07:54 AM             6,249 copy of form1.frmsav
    03/24/2004  06:25 PM               272 copy of resources.rc
    10/31/2015  09:25 PM         3,571,712 Copy of vX.mdb
    10/20/2015  05:52 PM            22,716 Copy of VX.vbp
    11/05/2015  01:49 PM             5,159 Copy of VX_ADO_STORE.BAS
    12/05/2015  01:15 PM             6,050 Copy of VX_DSN_MOUSE.BAS
    12/13/2015  12:06 PM             7,698 Copy of VX_RTB_KEYWORD.BAS
    04/04/2015  10:24 AM             1,683 C_A2V.BAS
    09/09/2002  11:56 AM             9,911 defs.dat
    09/14/2015  05:50 AM            26,696 DLL_CALL.BAS
    09/14/2015  05:32 AM             1,481 DLL_INC.BAS
    11/11/2017  09:51 PM    <DIR>          Documemnts
    11/11/2017  09:51 PM    <DIR>          Extra Files
    12/15/2015  08:46 PM             7,024 Form1.frm
    12/15/2015  08:46 PM               139 Form1.frx
    12/20/2016  05:46 AM             6,529 frmErrorList.frm
    01/25/2009  07:40 PM             1,412 gif_test.gif
    11/11/2017  09:51 PM    <DIR>          Help Files
    04/23/1998  09:00 PM               766 h_point.cur
    11/11/2017  09:51 PM    <DIR>          Icons
    12/06/2015  08:50 AM            10,320 IF.FRM
    12/06/2015  08:50 AM               137 IF.frx
    01/24/2015  09:23 PM             3,119 if_test.txt
    01/28/2015  01:13 PM               965 if_test_small.txt
    11/12/2015  04:44 PM            22,279 IML_HOLDER.frm
    11/12/2015  04:44 PM            79,346 IML_HOLDER.frx
    11/11/2017  11:32 PM               184 lib_library_files.txt
    05/28/2015  11:28 PM           237,568 lib_viewer.exe
    10/21/2014  10:57 PM                94 mdi.ini
    12/11/2015  07:19 AM             2,089 MenuBar_View_Symbol.txt
    11/11/2017  10:42 PM               950 MISSING.FRM
    11/11/2017  10:42 PM             1,121 MISSING.vbp
    11/11/2017  10:43 PM               130 MISSING.vbw
    03/01/2015  03:26 PM             1,818 MW_FORM.BAS
    03/01/2015  02:41 PM             3,681 MW_LISTVIEW.BAS
    12/09/2015  08:09 AM             7,726 PAN_CUSTOM.BAS
    12/06/2015  09:29 AM            13,348 PP_FRM.frm
    12/06/2015  09:29 AM             1,556 PP_FRM.frx
    12/05/2015  03:10 AM            25,034 PROP.FRM
    12/05/2015  03:10 AM                 4 PROP.frx
    10/30/2014  12:53 AM               475 PropertyPage1.pag
    03/24/2004  06:25 PM               272 resources.rc
    11/02/2014  11:07 AM            64,000 richtx32.oca
    06/23/1998  08:00 PM           203,576 richtx32.ocx
    12/04/2015  07:57 PM             2,843 RTB.CLS
    02/11/2015  12:53 PM             3,213 rtb_valid_char.sav
    08/14/2015  05:03 PM               726 save vX.cnf
    09/23/2015  11:22 AM             1,179 Small Project Test.vbp
    09/23/2015  05:12 AM            25,330 STATEMENT.FRM
    05/29/2015  08:32 PM             1,540 S_WORD.BAS
    05/13/2000  10:23 PM               663 tags.lst
    12/17/2014  03:11 PM               766 test.icon
    05/04/2009  08:10 AM            36,598 test.jpg
    01/28/2015  09:39 PM               161 test.vif
    11/02/2015  05:07 AM             4,043 TEST_SQL.BAS
    12/13/2015  08:38 PM             5,654 TINY.FRM
    01/30/2015  06:00 AM             2,890 tiny.frm directive commands
    12/15/2014  07:32 PM               983 tiny.frm_org
    01/05/2015  07:22 PM             2,301 tiny.frm_test_code
    12/12/2015  08:57 PM             5,961 TINY_FORMATTED.FRM
    02/05/2015  10:43 AM               628 tiny_frm.txt
    10/28/2014  11:11 AM             1,584 tlexampl.odl
    10/28/2014  08:28 AM             1,448 tlexampl.tlb
    09/14/2015  05:53 AM            10,001 TLI_DECODE.BAS
    09/14/2015  05:54 AM             3,453 TLI_ELEMENTS_LOAD.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:05 AM             3,462 TLI_ICONS.BAS
    12/05/2015  07:53 AM             5,562 TLI_TREEVIEW.BAS
    10/04/2015  09:45 AM             8,519 TSTFRM.frm
    11/09/2015  05:21 AM            23,159 VX old.vbp
    11/12/2015  11:00 AM                22 VX TEST.CHE
    11/12/2015  12:16 PM            23,171 VX TEST.vbp
    11/12/2015  11:00 AM            17,361 VX TEST.vbw
    11/11/2017  11:51 PM                22 vX.che
    11/11/2017  11:51 PM               815 VX.CNF
    10/22/2014  08:53 PM                94 vX.ini
    01/17/2017  05:39 PM         6,823,936 vX.mdb
    01/14/2015  06:58 PM           299,488 vX.ttf
    11/11/2017  11:12 PM            24,646 VX.vbp
    02/19/2015  01:33 PM            14,331 vX.vbp old
    11/11/2017  11:51 PM            17,257 VX.vbw
    12/10/2015  06:24 PM            11,913 VX_ADD.FRM
    12/10/2015  06:24 PM                56 VX_ADD.frx
    12/10/2015  06:02 PM             4,092 VX_ADD_FILE.BAS
    12/10/2015  05:42 PM               791 VX_ADD_SHOW.BAS
    10/09/2015  04:01 AM             2,105 VX_ADD_TABS.BAS
    12/13/2015  05:09 PM             2,674 VX_ADO_ALLOCATE.BAS
    11/01/2015  09:43 PM             2,150 VX_ADO_COUNT.BAS
    11/02/2015  05:31 AM             3,474 VX_ADO_FIELDS.BAS
    11/02/2015  05:31 AM             2,515 VX_ADO_LOAD.BAS
    11/02/2015  05:00 AM             3,234 VX_ADO_LOAD2.BAS
    11/02/2015  05:02 AM             3,188 VX_ADO_LOAD_OLD.BAS
    12/13/2015  04:12 PM             2,312 VX_ADO_STORE.BAS
    09/24/2015  04:35 PM             3,072 VX_AREA.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,797 VX_ATTRIBUTE.BAS
    01/09/2015  09:20 PM             2,079 VX_BMK_KEYPRESS.BAS
    02/11/2015  10:35 PM             1,147 VX_BMK_MARGIN.BAS
    02/22/2015  09:51 PM             1,095 VX_BMK_MOUSE.BAS
    01/08/2015  02:51 PM             2,125 VX_BMK_MOVE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             6,502 VX_BMK_NUMBERS.BAS
    01/08/2015  01:56 PM             2,670 VX_BMK_SORT.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:05 AM             4,059 VX_BMK_SUBCLASS.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:42 AM             5,716 VX_BMK_TOGGLE.BAS
    02/11/2015  10:27 PM             1,896 VX_BMK_UPDATE.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:32 PM             7,349 VX_CALL_STACK.BAS
    02/22/2015  10:27 PM             4,611 VX_CALL_STACK.FRM
    02/22/2015  10:27 PM                12 VX_CALL_STACK.frx
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,883 VX_CALL_STACK_OLD.BAS
    12/10/2015  06:11 PM             4,996 VX_CLR_BOXES.BAS
    09/15/2015  10:11 AM             2,463 VX_CLR_COMMAND.BAS
    09/14/2015  04:28 AM             1,635 VX_CLR_DELETE.BAS
    09/15/2015  10:43 AM             1,803 VX_CLR_GRADIENT.BAS
    11/11/2017  10:55 PM             6,753 VX_CLR_INC.BAS
    11/02/2015  05:03 AM             2,897 VX_CLR_INIT.BAS
    12/05/2015  07:53 AM             2,306 VX_CLR_SYSTEM.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:05 AM             1,364 VX_CLR_TABS.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:05 AM             2,617 VX_CLR_TIMER.BAS
    09/08/2015  04:47 PM             1,968 VX_CNT_ADD.BAS
    09/17/2015  11:15 AM             2,484 VX_CNT_BITMAP.BAS
    12/08/2015  06:59 AM             5,610 VX_CNT_CREATE.BAS
    11/02/2015  05:31 AM             3,061 VX_CNT_FORMAT.BAS
    12/04/2015  08:16 PM             4,661 VX_CNT_GRIPS.BAS
    11/12/2015  02:34 PM             3,584 VX_CNT_ICON.BAS
    12/10/2015  04:17 PM             1,903 VX_CNT_INIT.BAS
    11/12/2015  02:31 PM             2,707 VX_CNT_INSERT.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:42 AM             5,092 VX_CNT_MENU.BAS
    12/08/2015  05:59 AM             3,593 VX_CNT_NAME.BAS
    09/09/2015  04:18 AM             3,300 VX_CNT_OLB.BAS
    12/08/2015  06:08 AM             4,392 VX_CNT_RECT.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,919 VX_CNT_TAG.BAS
    09/08/2015  05:54 PM             4,549 VX_CNT_TOOLBOX.BAS
    12/15/2015  10:18 AM            21,704 VX_CODE.FRM
    12/15/2015  10:18 AM            12,250 VX_CODE.frx
    11/02/2015  05:31 AM             1,485 VX_CODE_MENU.BAS
    09/24/2015  12:06 PM            21,366 VX_COLOR.FRM
    09/24/2015  12:06 PM            32,896 VX_COLOR.frx
    03/08/2015  06:15 PM            33,345 VX_COMPONENTS.FRM
    03/08/2015  06:15 PM             2,564 VX_COMPONENTS.frx
    12/20/2016  05:46 AM             2,476 VX_CONFIG.BAS
    10/12/2015  08:31 AM            26,977 VX_CONFIG.FRM
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,804 VX_COUNT.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,484 VX_DEBUG_ASSERT.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM               887 VX_DEBUG_ENABLED.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             5,534 VX_DEBUG_PARSE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,750 VX_DEBUG_PRINT.BAS
    12/14/2015  06:41 PM             4,363 VX_DEFAULTS.BAS
    12/12/2015  03:30 AM             4,343 VX_DIM.BAS
    02/15/2015  08:05 AM             1,088 VX_DOCUMENTS.BAS
    12/04/2015  07:57 PM            10,364 VX_DSN.FRM
    12/04/2015  07:57 PM               778 VX_DSN.frx
    10/05/2015  05:04 AM               486 VX_DSNt.FRM
    12/08/2015  06:57 AM             1,973 VX_DSN_APPLY.BAS
    12/04/2015  07:39 PM            16,876 VX_DSN_BLANK.FRM
    10/05/2015  05:04 AM               508 VX_DSN_BLANKt.FRM
    12/06/2015  07:27 PM             3,173 VX_DSN_CHEAT.BAS
    12/08/2015  07:00 AM             2,226 VX_DSN_DOWN.BAS
    12/10/2015  04:13 PM             7,150 VX_DSN_EDIT.FRM
    12/04/2015  07:54 PM               506 VX_DSN_EDITt.FRM
    12/05/2015  07:53 AM             6,903 VX_DSN_FLEXGRID.BAS
    12/10/2015  04:17 PM             2,098 VX_DSN_FOCUS.BAS
    12/04/2015  08:16 PM             5,449 VX_DSN_GRID.BAS
    12/10/2015  04:13 PM             8,256 VX_DSN_GRIPS.BAS
    12/09/2015  05:03 PM             1,024 VX_DSN_HIDE.BAS
    12/08/2015  06:34 AM             2,794 VX_DSN_INC.BAS
    12/08/2015  06:59 AM             5,080 VX_DSN_KEYBOARD.BAS
    12/11/2015  06:49 AM             5,081 VX_DSN_LOAD.BAS
    11/11/2017  11:02 PM             6,059 VX_DSN_MDI.FRM
    11/11/2017  11:02 PM               778 VX_DSN_MDI.frx
    11/11/2017  11:02 PM               646 VX_DSN_MDI.log
    12/04/2015  07:59 PM               494 VX_DSN_MDIt.FRM
    12/08/2015  04:01 AM             2,425 VX_DSN_MENU.BAS
    12/05/2015  01:12 PM             3,116 VX_DSN_MMOVE.BAS
    12/08/2015  07:04 AM             5,110 VX_DSN_MOUSE.BAS
    12/05/2015  01:06 PM             3,061 VX_DSN_MOVE.BAS
    12/04/2015  08:16 PM             2,381 VX_DSN_RELATIVE.BAS
    12/06/2015  03:48 PM             4,640 VX_DSN_SEARCH.BAS
    12/08/2015  06:59 AM             2,780 VX_DSN_SELECT.BAS
    12/08/2015  06:08 AM             1,901 VX_DSN_SHAPE.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:39 AM            19,518 VX_DSN_WALK.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             1,475 VX_EDT_CHANGE.BAS
    12/05/2015  06:47 PM             1,367 VX_EDT_CMD.BAS
    09/23/2015  11:13 AM             2,531 VX_EDT_COLOR.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             2,282 VX_EDT_HELP.BAS
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM             4,344 VX_EDT_INSERT.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             4,539 VX_EDT_KEYS.BAS
    09/24/2015  04:42 PM             3,133 VX_EDT_LOAD.BAS
    10/25/2015  06:01 PM             3,272 VX_EDT_MENU.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             3,418 VX_EDT_RESIZE.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             1,677 VX_EDT_SPELL.BAS
    12/05/2015  07:53 AM             8,605 VX_ENU.BAS
    09/10/2015  12:30 PM             2,572 VX_ENU_PREFIX.BAS
    11/02/2015  05:31 AM             3,797 VX_ENU_SQL.BAS
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM            10,182 VX_ERROR_LOG.FRM
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM             4,067 VX_ERR_ADD.BAS
    08/16/2015  05:03 AM             3,702 VX_ERR_LOG.BAS
    11/02/2015  05:31 AM             1,721 VX_ERR_MENU.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,971 VX_EVALUATE.BAS
    05/06/2015  01:43 PM               571 VX_EVENTS.CLS
    12/12/2015  07:52 PM             1,689 VX_EVN.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:52 PM             1,553 VX_EVN_ACTIVE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             4,117 VX_EVN_CALL.BAS
    12/11/2015  08:05 PM             3,475 VX_EVN_RAISE.BAS
    05/05/2015  08:17 PM             2,735 VX_EXP_CODE.BAS
    04/09/2015  10:18 PM             2,336 VX_EXP_CTRL.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:46 AM             7,280 VX_EXP_ELEMENTS.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,621 VX_EXP_EQUAL.BAS
    04/09/2015  11:18 PM             2,494 VX_EXP_EXPRESSION.BAS
    04/09/2015  10:18 PM             2,195 VX_EXP_FUNCTION.BAS
    04/01/2015  04:19 AM             5,114 VX_exp_function.bas_old
    04/09/2015  11:07 PM             4,412 VX_EXP_INC.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,260 VX_EXP_INIT.BAS
    04/10/2015  10:07 AM             2,890 VX_EXP_LOGICAL.BAS
    04/03/2015  07:12 AM             2,237 VX_EXP_OPER.BAS
    04/08/2015  05:39 PM             2,066 VX_EXP_PAREN.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,104 VX_EXP_RESOLVE.BAS
    04/10/2015  03:15 AM             2,440 VX_EXP_SOLVE.BAS
    04/10/2015  03:07 AM             3,099 VX_EXP_STORE.BAS
    04/10/2015  08:22 PM             2,973 VX_EXP_SYNTAX.BAS
    04/08/2015  08:32 AM             2,255 VX_EXP_WORD.BAS
    05/06/2015  07:27 PM             1,377 VX_FILE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             7,636 VX_FIND.BAS
    12/02/2015  10:37 PM            12,534 VX_FIND.FRM
    12/02/2015  10:37 PM                12 VX_FIND.frx
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             4,503 VX_FIND_BREAK.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,600 VX_FIND_LOAD.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,197 VX_FIND_MODE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,035 VX_FIND_REPLACE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,229 VX_FIND_WORD.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,059 VX_FLOW.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:20 AM             2,536 VX_FLOW_CALL.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,768 VX_FLOW_ENDSUB.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,584 VX_FORMAT.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,406 VX_FREEZE.BAS
    03/30/2015  06:34 PM               689 VX_function.txt
    02/07/2015  04:50 PM               968 VX_functions.raw
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM             7,060 VX_HELP.FRM
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM               151 VX_HELP.frx
    12/20/2016  05:39 AM             2,309 VX_HELP_COMMA.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             4,269 VX_HELP_HOVER.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             1,622 VX_HELP_INC.BAS
    12/05/2015  07:53 AM             3,346 VX_HELP_INTEL.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             9,947 VX_HELP_PARAM.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             6,983 VX_HELP_TLI.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:42 AM             3,777 VX_HELP_TRIGGER.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:41 PM             4,188 VX_HOVER.FRM
    02/19/2015  07:07 PM               130 VX_HOVER.frx
    11/09/2015  05:27 AM                22 VX_ide.CHE
    11/11/2017  11:12 PM           134,946 VX_IDE.FRM
    11/11/2017  11:12 PM            18,198 VX_IDE.frx
    12/11/2015  06:46 AM             1,939 VX_IDE_CAPTION.BAS
    11/12/2015  02:13 PM             3,347 VX_IDE_ICONS.BAS
    12/10/2015  05:36 PM             2,913 VX_IDE_MENU.BAS
    09/23/2015  05:11 AM            20,853 VX_ILD.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             1,225 VX_ILD_INC.BAS
    04/02/2015  02:58 PM             1,749 VX_IMM_COMMAND.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:41 AM             3,690 VX_IMM_MENU.BAS
    11/11/2017  10:59 PM            39,567 VX_INC.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:15 AM            14,774 VX_INIT.BAS
    12/15/2015  06:36 AM             4,906 VX_INIT_CNF.BAS
    12/11/2015  07:47 AM             2,135 VX_INIT_COUNTERS.BAS
    11/11/2017  11:01 PM            10,404 VX_INIT_DATA.BAS
    12/13/2015  05:06 PM             3,565 VX_INIT_KEYWORDS.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:46 AM             7,934 VX_INIT_UNLOAD.BAS
    09/21/2015  04:14 PM             1,580 VX_INSTALL.BAS
    09/23/2015  11:13 AM            17,688 VX_INTEL.FRM
    09/23/2015  11:13 AM            16,274 VX_INTEL.frx
    12/12/2015  03:30 AM             8,090 VX_INT_ASSIGNMENT.BAS
    02/12/2015  04:40 PM             1,820 VX_INT_ATTR.BAS
    02/01/2015  04:42 PM             3,268 VX_INT_BLOCK.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             4,887 VX_INT_CODE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,160 VX_INT_DATATYPE.BAS
    12/09/2015  05:03 PM             3,469 VX_INT_DEBUG.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,901 VX_INT_DECLARE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             4,115 VX_INT_DIM.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,735 VX_INT_DIRECTIVE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,442 VX_INT_ELSE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,190 VX_INT_EVALUATE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             6,622 VX_INT_EXPRESION.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:21 PM            10,732 VX_INT_FOR.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,974 VX_INT_FOR_NEXT.BAS
    12/12/2015  08:25 PM             7,885 VX_INT_FOR_STACK.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:32 PM            18,232 VX_INT_FUNCTION.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,978 VX_INT_HALT.BAS
    12/12/2015  03:34 AM             3,719 VX_INT_IF.BAS
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM             3,358 VX_INT_INCLUDE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,823 VX_INT_JUMP.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,404 VX_INT_KEYWORD.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,637 VX_INT_LABELS.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             8,382 VX_INT_LINKS.BAS
    12/12/2015  08:37 PM            15,210 VX_INT_MAP.BAS
    01/28/2015  08:02 AM             2,299 VX_INT_MATCH.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:32 AM             2,959 VX_INT_MENU.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,302 VX_INT_MESSAGE.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:20 AM             4,768 VX_INT_PARAMETERS.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,928 VX_INT_PARAN.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,304 VX_INT_PARSE.BAS
    03/08/2015  06:47 PM             3,160 VX_INT_PREP.BAS
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM             4,309 VX_INT_PREPROC.BAS
    12/11/2015  07:59 PM             1,906 VX_INT_RESET.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,206 VX_INT_RESOLVE.BAS
    12/11/2015  07:23 PM             4,529 VX_INT_ROUTINES.BAS
    12/11/2015  07:59 PM             3,724 VX_INT_RUN.BAS
    12/11/2015  07:23 PM             2,021 VX_INT_SCOPE.BAS
    12/12/2015  03:30 AM             2,935 VX_INT_SELECT.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,972 VX_INT_SIMPLIFY.BAS
    01/28/2015  07:09 AM             2,763 VX_INT_SLOT.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:28 PM             8,801 VX_INT_SS.BAS
    12/13/2015  08:37 PM             3,959 VX_INT_STATEMENT.BAS
    12/12/2015  03:30 AM             3,621 VX_INT_SUB.BAS
    12/12/2015  03:34 AM             5,022 VX_INT_UNKNOWN.BAS
    12/12/2015  05:03 AM             2,869 VX_INT_VARIABLE.BAS
    09/23/2015  05:11 AM             6,099 VX_INT_WARNING.BAS
    12/12/2015  03:34 AM             1,855 VX_INT_WHILE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,430 VX_INT_WORD.BAS
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM             1,792 VX_LIB_LAUNCH.BAS
    09/24/2015  12:06 PM             4,741 VX_LISTBOX.FRM
    Yikes:

The text that you have entered is too long (31432 characters). Please shorten it to 25000 characters long.
    You might notice some files called missing. In order to get the screen shots above, I had to get the code running again and there were a couple of files that must still be on other disks. So I made a list of what was missing and commented out what I couldn't quickly find just to get it to run for the screenshots.
    Last edited by stuck-n-past; Nov 14th, 2017 at 05:56 PM.

Fanatic Member

Code:
    10/13/2015  04:27 AM            11,669 VX_LOCATE.FRM
    10/13/2015  04:27 AM            17,530 VX_LOCATE.frx
    12/10/2015  04:37 AM             1,389 VX_MENU.BAS
    10/09/2015  08:08 AM             1,762 VX_MENU_BUILD.BAS
    12/11/2015  07:24 AM               985 VX_MENU_DEBUG.BAS
    12/10/2015  07:14 PM             1,229 VX_MENU_EDIT.BAS
    12/10/2015  05:42 PM             1,903 VX_MENU_FILE.BAS
    12/10/2015  05:46 AM             1,203 VX_MENU_HELP.BAS
    12/10/2015  06:54 PM             2,293 VX_MENU_KEYS.BAS
    10/22/2015  08:32 AM             2,393 VX_MENU_LOAD.BAS
    11/11/2015  08:38 PM             1,475 VX_MENU_POSITION.BAS
    12/11/2015  05:57 AM             1,338 VX_MENU_PRJ.BAS
    11/06/2015  10:03 AM             1,764 VX_MENU_ROOT.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:52 PM             4,880 VX_MENU_RUN.BAS
    12/10/2015  05:13 AM             4,461 VX_MENU_SHOW.BAS
    12/11/2015  05:52 AM             1,051 VX_MENU_TOOLS.BAS
    12/11/2015  07:24 AM             1,446 VX_MENU_VIEW.BAS
    11/11/2017  10:59 PM             1,608 VX_MOUSE_MSG.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM            10,348 VX_NEW.BAS
    11/20/2015  10:18 PM         6,823,936 VX_NEW.mdb
    02/18/2015  11:04 PM               225 VX_New_Features.hlp
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,006 VX_NON_BLANK.BAS
    12/11/2015  12:55 PM             8,559 VX_OPEN.FRM
    12/11/2015  12:55 PM                56 VX_OPEN.frx
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             4,619 VX_OPTION.BAS
    12/14/2015  06:23 PM            98,765 VX_OPTIONS.FRM
    12/14/2015  06:23 PM             2,682 VX_OPTIONS.frx
    02/20/2015  10:02 PM             3,528 VX_PARAM.FRM
    02/20/2015  10:02 PM                12 VX_PARAM.frx
    12/10/2015  06:03 AM             1,032 VX_POPUP_FORM.BAS
    12/10/2015  06:15 AM             1,051 VX_POPUP_PROJECT.BAS
    11/05/2015  08:40 PM             7,841 VX_PRINT.FRM
    12/16/2014  06:36 AM            15,325 VX_prj_block.bas org
    12/05/2015  07:53 AM             4,529 VX_PRJ_CLICK.BAS
    12/13/2015  08:28 AM             6,604 VX_PRJ_CODE.BAS
    12/04/2015  08:16 PM             4,731 VX_PRJ_CONTROL.BAS
    09/09/2015  05:19 AM             5,202 VX_PRJ_DESIGN.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:46 AM             5,352 VX_PRJ_FILE.BAS
    12/05/2015  08:03 AM             6,110 VX_PRJ_FORM.BAS
    11/02/2015  05:03 AM             2,159 VX_PRJ_INIT.BAS
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM             4,504 VX_PRJ_LOAD.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:42 AM             3,277 VX_PRJ_MENU.BAS
    09/20/2015  06:55 AM             4,169 VX_PRJ_MODULE.BAS
    12/14/2014  07:39 PM             2,536 VX_prj_module.bas_old
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,850 VX_PRJ_READ.BAS
    12/07/2015  04:38 PM             1,867 VX_PRJ_SWITCH.BAS
    12/05/2015  07:53 AM             5,866 VX_PRJ_TREEVIEW.BAS
    12/15/2015  09:51 AM             8,964 VX_PRJ_WINDOW.BAS
    12/05/2015  03:40 AM             2,317 VX_PRP_BITMAP.BAS
    11/12/2015  04:43 PM             4,382 VX_PRP_BUTTON.BAS
    12/15/2015  06:32 AM             1,789 VX_PRP_CNF.BAS
    09/15/2015  10:28 PM             2,015 VX_PRP_COLOR.BAS
    09/24/2015  12:06 PM             1,675 VX_PRP_COMBO.BAS
    11/02/2015  04:05 AM             5,937 VX_PRP_EDIT.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             9,316 VX_PRP_ENUM.BAS
    09/16/2015  04:32 PM             2,418 VX_PRP_FONT.BAS
    04/11/2015  07:36 AM               328 VX_PRP_INC.BAS
    11/12/2015  04:41 PM             1,486 VX_PRP_INIT.BAS
    09/11/2015  07:30 PM             1,083 VX_PRP_INVOKE.BAS
    09/16/2015  04:36 AM             2,428 VX_PRP_ITEMS.BAS
    10/06/2015  04:00 AM             2,531 VX_PRP_KEYPRESS.BAS
    09/16/2015  04:44 AM             2,606 VX_PRP_LISTBOX.BAS
    12/05/2015  02:02 AM             4,026 VX_PRP_LOAD.BAS
    09/24/2015  04:35 PM             4,606 VX_PRP_NAME.BAS
    10/06/2015  12:43 PM             2,830 VX_PRP_OBJECTS.BAS
    10/06/2015  12:46 PM             4,060 VX_PRP_ONOFF.BAS
    09/16/2015  04:32 PM             2,470 VX_PRP_PICTURE.BAS
    09/16/2015  04:32 PM             1,038 VX_PRP_POS.BAS
    10/07/2015  09:10 AM             1,917 VX_PRP_PP.BAS
    09/21/2015  05:32 PM             2,164 VX_PRP_PROJECT.BAS
    10/05/2015  03:09 PM             3,611 VX_PRP_RELOAD.BAS
    12/04/2015  08:16 PM             6,602 VX_PRP_SAVE.BAS
    09/20/2015  05:14 PM             3,066 VX_PRP_SEL.BAS
    12/02/2015  09:55 PM            17,597 VX_PRP_SHOW.BAS
    12/05/2015  02:39 AM             2,617 VX_PRP_SKIP.BAS
    12/04/2015  08:16 PM             5,277 VX_PRP_SPECIAL.BAS
    09/14/2015  11:25 AM             3,658 VX_PRP_STAGE.BAS
    09/15/2015  10:12 PM             1,350 VX_PRP_TEXT.BAS
    09/24/2015  12:06 PM             3,894 VX_PRP_TEXTBOX.BAS
    12/05/2015  02:34 AM             2,357 VX_PRP_TLI.BAS
    11/02/2015  04:05 AM             8,281 VX_PRP_TYPE.BAS
    09/18/2015  07:54 PM             1,796 VX_PRP_VALID.BAS
    12/05/2015  03:01 AM             8,752 VX_PRP_VALUE.BAS
    10/07/2015  09:06 AM             2,588 VX_PRP_WINDOW.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,332 VX_REDIM.BAS
    09/07/2015  04:18 PM             7,370 VX_REF_ADD.BAS
    08/15/2015  06:27 PM               433 VX_ref_default.txt
    11/02/2015  05:03 AM             1,723 VX_REF_FUNC.BAS
    10/03/2015  07:40 AM             3,832 VX_RESIZE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM            24,315 VX_RTB.BAS
    12/13/2015  10:14 AM               912 VX_RTB_ADD.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,131 VX_RTB_CARET.BAS
    12/13/2015  12:06 PM             2,705 VX_RTB_COLOR.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,284 VX_RTB_HIGHLIGHT.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,645 VX_RTB_HOVER.BAS
    12/20/2016  05:32 AM            10,106 VX_RTB_KEYWORD.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,917 VX_RTB_LINE.BAS
    12/07/2015  05:27 PM               870 VX_RTB_MENU.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,829 VX_RTB_MOVE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,727 VX_RTB_READ.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,236 VX_RTB_RECORD.BAS
    01/20/2015  01:40 PM             3,306 VX_rtb_record.bas org
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,106 VX_RTB_VALID.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,925 VX_RTB_WORD.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,078 VX_RTB_XY.BAS
    05/07/2015  02:33 AM             6,984 VX_SAVE.FRM
    05/07/2015  02:33 AM                12 VX_SAVE.frx
    11/20/2015  09:21 PM         4,571,136 VX_SAVE.mdb
    12/10/2015  07:09 PM             1,116 VX_SHORTCUT.BAS
    05/06/2015  01:25 PM               635 VX_SIGNAL.CLS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             4,242 VX_SPELL.BAS
    10/22/2015  03:33 AM             2,652 VX_SQL.BAS
    11/02/2015  12:12 AM             2,063 VX_SQL_ALLOCATE.BAS
    10/08/2015  02:55 AM             2,150 VX_SQL_COUNT.BAS
    11/02/2015  12:16 AM             3,770 VX_SQL_FIELDS.BAS
    11/01/2015  09:09 PM             2,983 VX_SQL_LOAD.BAS
    11/01/2015  07:05 PM             4,423 VX_SQL_STORE.BAS
    12/11/2015  07:23 PM             1,242 VX_STARTUP.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,634 VX_STATE.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:17 AM             2,955 VX_STATUS_BAR.BAS
    12/12/2015  01:11 PM             6,912 VX_SYMBOLS.BAS
    12/14/2015  05:41 AM            12,083 VX_SYMBOLS.FRM
    12/14/2015  05:22 AM             4,782 VX_SYM_CHANGE.BAS
    12/12/2015  02:15 PM             2,968 VX_SYM_EXISTS.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:28 PM             4,700 VX_SYM_EXISTS_ORG.BAS
    09/12/2015  02:05 PM             5,221 VX_SYM_FLEXGRID.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:20 AM             2,916 VX_SYM_INSERT.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,453 VX_SYM_LAST.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:20 AM             2,542 VX_SYM_REMOVE.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             2,371 VX_SYM_SET.BAS
    12/11/2015  12:53 PM             6,922 VX_SYM_UPDATE.BAS
    09/16/2015  12:50 PM             2,719 VX_TAG.BAS
    05/06/2015  01:39 PM             8,565 VX_TEMPLATE.FRM
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,525 VX_TEST_DATA.BAS
    12/02/2015  08:50 PM            29,199 VX_TLI_FUNCTIONS.BAS
    03/17/2017  01:57 PM            29,202 VX_TODO.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,187 VX_TOKEN_FUNC.BAS
    03/30/2015  04:10 AM               459 VX_TOKEN_INC.BAS
    12/12/2015  07:32 PM             2,919 VX_TOKEN_TYPE.BAS
    12/11/2015  07:59 PM             1,886 VX_TOOLBAR_MENU.BAS
    12/04/2015  08:16 PM             2,050 VX_UTILS.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,631 VX_VALID_CHAR.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             3,965 VX_VARIABLE.BAS
    12/14/2015  05:08 AM             1,296 VX_VAR_OBJECT.BAS
    12/14/2015  05:13 AM             1,658 VX_VAR_QUOTES.BAS
    12/12/2015  08:19 PM             4,349 VX_VAR_RESOLVE.BAS
    12/14/2015  05:08 AM             3,969 VX_VAR_VALID.BAS
    09/14/2015  06:21 AM            16,966 VX_WIN_OPEN2.BAS
    08/15/2015  07:23 PM             1,641 VX_WRITE_LINE.BAS
    12/03/2014  05:41 PM           174,592 vb ide editor.doc
    09/07/2015  06:38 PM             9,708 vb6_3.tlb
    01/31/2012  06:24 PM             2,716 vbtestlibrary.lib
    09/14/2015  06:20 AM            63,108 VB_ENUMS.BAS
    10/31/2015  07:15 PM           293,882 VIEW_MENU.bmp
    09/14/2015  01:49 PM             1,632 WINGDINGS.FRM

As above - Here's a small list of some files for the Object Browser, or Library Viewer as I called it
    Code:
    11/14/2017  04:39 PM    <DIR>          .
    11/14/2017  04:39 PM    <DIR>          ..
    05/18/2015  04:17 PM             2,477 BOLD_RTB.BAS
    05/18/2015  03:35 AM             1,246 BOLD_TEXT.BAS
    05/17/2015  07:21 PM             1,011 CLASSESS_CLICK.BAS
    05/19/2015  12:31 PM             1,474 CLASSES_CLICK.BAS
    05/19/2015  12:34 PM             5,240 CLASSES_LOAD.BAS
    05/18/2015  02:31 PM             1,981 COMBO_CHANGED.BAS
    05/18/2015  04:34 PM               940 COMBO_LOAD.BAS
    05/18/2015  02:31 PM             5,983 COMMAND1.BAS
    05/19/2015  05:20 PM             8,687 Copy of VX_TLI_READ.BAS
    12/21/2014  08:51 PM               766 explorer_15.ico
    05/19/2015  12:22 PM            21,268 Form1.frm
    05/19/2015  12:22 PM            83,241 FORM1.FRX
    06/03/2015  02:15 PM             3,160 INC.BAS
    12/21/2014  08:54 PM               766 inetcfg_1.ico
    05/19/2015  12:25 PM             2,207 INIT.BAS
    05/26/2015  06:33 PM             1,202 INVOKE_TYPE.BAS
    05/17/2015  06:56 PM               399 LIBRARY_LOAD.BAS
    06/06/2015  06:12 PM             2,299 LIB_ADD.BAS
    06/01/2015  01:56 PM             2,156 LIB_ATTR.BAS
    05/23/2015  01:06 PM             2,924 LIB_BOLD.BAS
    05/25/2015  06:43 AM             3,124 LIB_CLASSES_CLICK.BAS
    06/06/2015  06:12 PM             3,402 LIB_CLASSES_LOAD.BAS
    06/06/2015  06:14 PM             2,929 LIB_CLICK.BAS
    06/06/2015  05:47 PM             1,769 LIB_CODE.BAS
    08/22/2015  02:49 PM             1,587 LIB_COMBO.BAS
    06/06/2015  05:12 PM             3,041 LIB_CONSTANTS.BAS
    05/26/2015  07:04 PM             1,426 LIB_DETAIL.BAS
    06/06/2015  03:56 PM             1,998 LIB_ENUM.BAS
    06/06/2015  04:17 PM             1,922 LIB_ENUM_DETAIL.BAS
    05/30/2015  09:22 AM             1,395 LIB_ENUM_DISPLAY.BAS
    05/21/2015  08:02 AM             1,300 LIB_EVENTS.BAS
    05/24/2015  07:37 PM             3,690 LIB_EXTRA.BAS
    05/30/2015  09:28 AM             1,271 LIB_FORMAT.BAS
    06/15/2015  04:22 PM             3,247 LIB_GLOBAL.BAS
    05/30/2015  09:20 AM             1,768 LIB_HELP.BAS
    06/01/2015  02:36 AM             1,056 LIB_ICON.BAS
    06/06/2015  06:12 PM             5,493 LIB_INIT.BAS
    08/22/2015  04:07 PM             1,026 LIB_LIBRARY_FILES.txt
    05/25/2015  06:51 AM             3,104 LIB_LISTVIEW.BAS
    06/06/2015  05:50 PM               778 LIB_LOAD.BAS
    05/23/2015  11:59 AM             3,967 LIB_MEMBER_DETAIL.BAS
    06/06/2015  03:56 PM             4,411 LIB_MEMBER_LOAD.BAS
    05/19/2015  12:30 PM             3,393 LIB_MEM_DETAIL.BAS
    05/19/2015  12:29 PM             3,670 LIB_MEM_LOAD.BAS
    06/03/2015  02:06 PM             3,050 LIB_MENU.BAS
    05/26/2015  07:04 PM               940 LIB_NOTHING.BAS
    06/06/2015  03:56 PM             6,530 LIB_PARAMETERS.BAS
    08/22/2015  02:37 PM             2,031 LIB_READ.BAS
    06/06/2015  06:12 PM             2,366 LIB_RESIZE.BAS
    05/27/2015  05:55 PM             1,943 LIB_RTB.BAS
    06/06/2015  06:22 PM             5,808 LIB_TYPE.BAS
    05/26/2015  07:19 PM             1,407 LIB_TYPE_DETAIL.BAS
    06/05/2015  10:28 PM             5,293 LIB_TYPE_DISPLAY.BAS
    06/06/2015  05:45 PM             2,249 LIB_UPDATE.BAS
    05/21/2015  07:54 AM             3,201 LIB_VALUES.BAS
    05/26/2015  07:22 PM             4,927 LIB_VAR_TYPE.BAS
    08/22/2015  02:53 PM           262,144 Lib_Viewer.exe
    06/06/2015  07:58 PM            19,185 LIB_VIEWER.FRM
    06/06/2015  07:58 PM            23,173 LIB_VIEWER.frx
    08/22/2015  04:07 PM             4,048 LIB_VIEWER.VBP
    12/21/2016  03:21 PM             2,298 LIB_VIEWER.vbw
    05/18/2015  02:39 PM             4,053 LISTBOX_CHANGED.BAS
    05/18/2015  03:36 PM             2,559 LIST_CLICK.BAS
    05/19/2015  12:25 PM             3,670 MEMBERS_LOAD.BAS
    05/19/2015  12:28 PM             3,390 MEMBER_DETAIL.BAS
    12/21/2014  09:02 PM               766 mmcndmgr_29.ico
    12/21/2014  09:02 PM               766 mmsys_25.ico
    07/28/1998  02:01 PM         1,062,704 MSCOMCTL_OCX.TXT
    12/21/2014  09:18 PM               766 OUTLCOMM_3.ico
    05/18/2015  03:42 PM            39,260 Output.txt
    05/18/2015  03:42 PM            83,778 Output3.txt
    05/18/2015  03:42 PM             7,560 Output9.txt
    12/21/2014  09:19 PM               766 printui_8.ico
    05/19/2015  12:22 PM             1,549 PROJECT1.VBP
    05/23/2015  11:53 AM               502 PROJECT1.VBW
    12/21/2014  09:21 PM               766 setupapi_16.ico
    05/25/2015  05:57 AM            12,969 VX_TLI_READ.BAS
    05/26/2015  07:04 PM             4,029 VAR_TYPE.BAS

I haven't included any of the C DLL code, or any of the VB common support Bas, Class Modules or UserControls and well I'll just say there's much more code involved then whats shown. When looking at the dates you can see the span of a few years, but that's an On and Off again timeline so it doesn't properly represent the total amount of calendar time spent.
    Last edited by stuck-n-past; Nov 14th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.

Fanatic Member

If you look closely enough at the naming convention used in the file names, you can see some of the sub-systems.

Here are some of the more obscure or confusing file names

Code:
    ADO - DataBase
    BMK - Bookmarks
    CNT - Controls
    DSN - Designing Forms
    ENU - Enumerations
    EVN - Environment
    EXP - Expressions
    INT - Interpreter
    PRJ - Project
    PRP - Project Properties

I also implements mouse Way-Points which allows the user to define up to 9 different locations anywhere around the screen. While holding down a key and quickly moving the mouse in the direction of a Way-Point, causes the mouse to jump to that location and can then be returned back to its origin once done. Everything was geared toward fast and effective codding.
    Last edited by stuck-n-past; Nov 14th, 2017 at 05:59 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast