Thread: Embed image into workbook through userform?

Embed image into workbook through userform?

Good morning,

Using Excel 2010 VBA, MS Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit, MS Office 2010 32 bit.

Is there a way to embed an image into a userform? I'm building an inventory audit userform and would like to have the user take a photo, transfer it to the laptop, and then embed the photo into the workbook through the userform.

Thanks,
    Karmadog in Austin

Re: Embed image into workbook through userform?

Thread moved from the 'VB.Net' forum to the 'Office Development/VBA' forum.

PowerPoster

do you want the photo in the userform and the workbook?
    i am sure there is no reason why this can not be done

you are just going to copy the photo into some folder on the laptop first? or you need to locate the photo on some other device?
    better if you can give some more details, possibly a sample workbook, with userform (zip first) to demonstrate the desired result
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Yes, I'd like the image embedded in the worksheet and also in the userform for the end user to view. The end user will take a photo with a phone and then transfer the photo to the laptop. Since the end user will only see the userform, I wanted the photo to be viewed in the userform, and also embedded in the workbook so that he can send me the saved workbook without having to send the separate picture file.