Thread: Writing an interview write up for a Visual Basic class in college, need interviewee

Lightbulb Writing an interview write up for a Visual Basic class in college, need interviewee

Hello, I am a student at Miami University Middletown and I am taking a class on Visual Basic coding/programming. We have an assignment in which we have to interview someone who uses Visual Basic in a work setting. Below is a list of interview Questions. If you could answer any/all of them that you can it would be a great help, thank you in advance!!
    1. What is the name of the company you work for?
    2. What is your job title?
    3. How long have you had your current job?
    4. How do you use computing in your job?
    5. What kinds of problems do you encounter in your work?
    6. How do you solve these problems (Visual Basic Script, Visual Basic Apps, Java Script, etc.)?
    7. How do you think you can become a better problem solver?
    8. What do you like about your job?
    9. What are some important things I should be sure to learn in school to help myself be prepared for problems I will encounter in a computing job once I graduate?
    10. Who do you solve problems for? (Engineers, customers, manufacturers)
    11. Do you enjoy problem solving?

Re: Writing an interview write up for a Visual Basic class in college, need interview

I moved the thread to Chit-Chat since it was not a question specific to a Visual Basic .NET problem.

In terms of your question:
    1. Self employed
    2. "The guy"
    3. I took my first contract job in January of 2015
    4. I am a contract programmer, both web development, and software development
    5. Mostly data management
    6. If I have a choice then with Visual Basic .NET combined with SQL
    7. As with anything, practice and practical scenarios
    8. I found that I'm a decent programmer and because I found a way to make some nice money off of it as well as show off my skill it gives me great satisfaction
    9. Solid principles. If you can build yourself a solid foundation then you can become very flexible
    10. Both customers and manufactures
    11. Absolutely, not only in programming but also in volunteering/contributing to forums such as VBForums
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Re: Writing an interview write up for a Visual Basic class in college, need interview

Miami University Middleton? That had me puzzled. I got a Masters from Miami University, but it was in Oxford. I sure don't remember a Middleton campus back then, but that was a long time back. I got looking around on Google Earth, and realized that much has changed since I was there.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing