Thread: How to transfer data from sql to mysql?

Hyperactive Member

How to transfer data from sql to mysql?

there is this biometrics and it is built in sql server and out timekeeping db is in mysql. i searched for it and the result is through linked server from sql mngmnt studio. but i can't connect it due to
    the odbc data source for mysql is not appearing in sql mngmnt. IF there are more easy ways to transfer it. Please help guys. Thank you very much
    (note: i posted this in vb.net forum and i wanted to see the result also in transferring data using db only.)

gibra

Re: How to transfer data from sql to mysql?

You can through linked server. I've linked a MySQL server to SQL Server Express 2012 with success.
    Open New linked server on SSMS:
    - Provider field choose: Microsoft OLE DB Provider fro ODBC Drivers
    - Provider string field insert: the complete connection string to your database. Example:
    Code:
    Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.2 ANSI Driver};Server=localhost;Database=[YOUR-DATABASE];User=[YOUR-USERNAME];Password=[YOUR-PASSWORD];Option=3;Port=3306;
    Of course,
    - ODBC 5.2 ANSI Driver must be installed (change to your installed driver)
    - Connection String must be correct.

I suggest your to create a Universal Data Link (UDL) file to ensure to get a correct connection string.

Hyperactive Member

Re: How to transfer data from sql to mysql?

Sir, good day.

I just got logged in again from vbforums. Thank you for these suggestion. I will try your solution today.