VS 2012 Clickonce Signing-VBForums

Thread: Clickonce Signing

Clickonce Signing

To sign or not to sign... At this point I am wondering why did I sign sign apps that I develop for internal use only. I am seriously considering removing it because of the confusion over expired certificates. Test certificates are only good for a year (why?).

If I do remove it I know that the app has to be reinstalled, but that is the only drawback I have seen so far.

Just seeking some thoughts or experiences.
    Last edited by dbasnett; Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:07 AM.
    My First Computer -- Documentation Link (RT?M) -- Using the Debugger -- Prime Number Sieve
    Counting Bits -- Subnet Calculator -- UI Guidelines -- >> SerialPort Answer <<

"Those who use Application.DoEvents have no idea what it does and those who know what it does never use it." John Wein
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
    "It is not all that I know that is the problem, it is all I think I do that is."

Re: Clickonce Signing

Yeah, why DID you sign internal apps?

I signed an app that is mostly used for internal use, but it is published (just internal and to a few cooperators) and has periodic updates. I'm not sure that you can do that without signing. The certificates are a pain anyways. If you are trying to be cheap, there is some means to sign it for longer than a year without buying a certificate, because I have....I think, but no matter what you do, you will forget how to do it by the next time it becomes an issue. I keep a file around with steps. Unfortunately, that file wasn't started early enough, so I'm not quite sure where I got the certificate from, or how I made it. I think I DID make it, cause I vaguely remember going through a whole bunch of steps to make a 10 year certificate, but I just don't quite remember, and the notes I took don't start early enough.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing