Thread: Starting A New Thread

Starting A New Thread

Hi sorry for out of topic I would like to ask how to post a thread? Because I'm first time here in VBforums. Please help.

Re: Retrieve data from a weather website

Quote Originally Posted by eddecatoria View Post
    Hi sorry for out of topic I would like to ask how to post a thread? Because I'm first time here in VBforums. Please help.
    Step 1 is to stop replying to existing threads.
    Step 2 - Find the appropriate forum section for your question.
    Step 3 - Click "New Thread" that can be found at the top left of every forum section.
    Step 4 & 5 - Enter a descriptive title - don't use something generic like "I need help" (of course you need help, why else are you posting). Enter a clear and complete post describing the problem. This is a forum, you have more than 140 characters, you're not on twitter or sending a text message - use complete words and clear descriptions. In my signature block at the bottom of this post you'll find a link about getting rid of eels from your hovercraft... click, read, head the advice.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

You just did. (post a thread, that is.)

Did you read the FAQ's?

What specifically do you want to know?

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by eddecatoria View Post
    Hi I would like to ask how to post a thread? I'm new here.
    If you mean that you want to START a new thread, then
    1. at Home page, select the Forum you want.. in this case, Visual Basic 6 and Earlier
    2. then press Post New Thread button .. near the top, at the left side of screen
      • fill in the Title (the small textbox at top) .. a short description of you issue
      • compose your thread .. in the larger textbox
      • you can preview your post by pressing the Preview Post button .. at bottom right
      • when you are satisfied, then press Submit New Thread button

Spoo
    Last edited by Spooman; Oct 3rd, 2017 at 07:51 AM. Reason: add sublist under Post New Thread

Hey Sam, I think he means "start a new thread". Eddecatoria, just back up to the "forum" level (which lists all the threads). Once there, you'll see a "Forum Tools" dropdown in the top-right-ish area. Under there, you'll see a "Post a New Thread..." option.

That's where you'd ask your own question and start your own thread with its own posts.

And yes, welcome to the forums,
    Elroy

EDIT1: Ahhh, Spoo posted too.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Elroy

I only beat you by a minute .. GMTA ..

Spoo

Re: Retrieve data from a weather website

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Step 1 is to stop replying to existing threads.
    Step 2 - Find the appropriate forum section for your question.
    Step 3 - Click "New Thread" that can be found at the top left of every forum section.
    Step 4 & 5 - Enter a descriptive title - don't use something generic like "I need help" (of course you need help, why else are you posting). Enter a clear and complete post describing the problem. This is a forum, you have more than 140 characters, you're not on twitter or sending a text message - use complete words and clear descriptions. In my signature block at the bottom of this post you'll find a link about getting rid of eels from your hovercraft... click, read, head the advice.

-tg
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Hey Sam, I think he means "start a new thread". Eddecatoria, just back up to the "forum" level (which lists all the threads). Once there, you'll see a "Forum Tools" dropdown in the top-right-ish area. Under there, you'll see a "Post a New Thread..." option.

That's where you'd ask your own question and start your own thread with its own posts.

And yes, welcome to the forums,
    Elroy

EDIT1: Ahhh, Spoo posted too.
    Thanks