Starting A New Thread-VBForums
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Starting A New Thread

  1. #1

    Thread Starter
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    12

    Starting A New Thread

    Hi sorry for out of topic I would like to ask how to post a thread? Because I'm first time here in VBforums. Please help.

  2. #2
    PowerPoster techgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    31,256

    Re: Retrieve data from a weather website

    Quote Originally Posted by eddecatoria View Post
    Hi sorry for out of topic I would like to ask how to post a thread? Because I'm first time here in VBforums. Please help.
    Step 1 is to stop replying to existing threads.
    Step 2 - Find the appropriate forum section for your question.
    Step 3 - Click "New Thread" that can be found at the top left of every forum section.
    Step 4 & 5 - Enter a descriptive title - don't use something generic like "I need help" (of course you need help, why else are you posting). Enter a clear and complete post describing the problem. This is a forum, you have more than 140 characters, you're not on twitter or sending a text message - use complete words and clear descriptions. In my signature block at the bottom of this post you'll find a link about getting rid of eels from your hovercraft... click, read, head the advice.

    -tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

  3. #3
    PowerPoster SamOscarBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    6,350

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    You just did. (post a thread, that is.)

    Did you read the FAQ's?

    What specifically do you want to know?

    Welcome to the forum!

  4. #4
    Fanatic Member Spooman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    869

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    Quote Originally Posted by eddecatoria View Post
    Hi I would like to ask how to post a thread? I'm new here.
    If you mean that you want to START a new thread, then
    1. at Home page, select the Forum you want.. in this case, Visual Basic 6 and Earlier
    2. then press Post New Thread button .. near the top, at the left side of screen
      • fill in the Title (the small textbox at top) .. a short description of you issue
      • compose your thread .. in the larger textbox
      • you can preview your post by pressing the Preview Post button .. at bottom right
      • when you are satisfied, then press Submit New Thread button


    Spoo
    Last edited by Spooman; Oct 3rd, 2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: add sublist under Post New Thread

  5. #5
    PowerPoster Elroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Near Nashville TN
    Posts
    3,269

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    Hey Sam, I think he means "start a new thread". Eddecatoria, just back up to the "forum" level (which lists all the threads). Once there, you'll see a "Forum Tools" dropdown in the top-right-ish area. Under there, you'll see a "Post a New Thread..." option.

    That's where you'd ask your own question and start your own thread with its own posts.

    And yes, welcome to the forums,
    Elroy

    EDIT1: Ahhh, Spoo posted too.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy without restriction. Please understand that I’ve been programming since the mid-1970s and still have some of that code. My contemporary VB6 project is approaching 1,000 modules. In addition, I have a “VB6 random code folder” that is overflowing. I’ve been at this long enough to truly not know with absolute certainty where all my code has come from, with much of it coming from programmers under my employ who signed intellectual property transfers. I have not deliberately attempted to remove any licenses and/or attributions from any software. If someone finds that I have inadvertently done so, I sincerely apologize, and, upon notice and reasonable proof, will re-attach those licenses and/or attributions. To all, peace and happiness.

  6. #6
    Fanatic Member Spooman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    869

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    Elroy

    I only beat you by a minute .. GMTA ..

    Spoo

  7. #7

    Thread Starter
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    12

    Re: Retrieve data from a weather website

    Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Step 1 is to stop replying to existing threads.
    Step 2 - Find the appropriate forum section for your question.
    Step 3 - Click "New Thread" that can be found at the top left of every forum section.
    Step 4 & 5 - Enter a descriptive title - don't use something generic like "I need help" (of course you need help, why else are you posting). Enter a clear and complete post describing the problem. This is a forum, you have more than 140 characters, you're not on twitter or sending a text message - use complete words and clear descriptions. In my signature block at the bottom of this post you'll find a link about getting rid of eels from your hovercraft... click, read, head the advice.

    -tg
    thanks

  8. #8

    Thread Starter
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    12

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Hey Sam, I think he means "start a new thread". Eddecatoria, just back up to the "forum" level (which lists all the threads). Once there, you'll see a "Forum Tools" dropdown in the top-right-ish area. Under there, you'll see a "Post a New Thread..." option.

    That's where you'd ask your own question and start your own thread with its own posts.

    And yes, welcome to the forums,
    Elroy

    EDIT1: Ahhh, Spoo posted too.
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Featured


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

Survey posted by VBForums.