Starting A New Thread-VBForums

Thread: Starting A New Thread

Starting A New Thread

Hi sorry for out of topic I would like to ask how to post a thread? Because I'm first time here in VBforums. Please help.

Re: Retrieve data from a weather website

Quote Originally Posted by eddecatoria View Post
    Hi sorry for out of topic I would like to ask how to post a thread? Because I'm first time here in VBforums. Please help.
    Step 1 is to stop replying to existing threads.
    Step 2 - Find the appropriate forum section for your question.
    Step 3 - Click "New Thread" that can be found at the top left of every forum section.
    Step 4 & 5 - Enter a descriptive title - don't use something generic like "I need help" (of course you need help, why else are you posting). Enter a clear and complete post describing the problem. This is a forum, you have more than 140 characters, you're not on twitter or sending a text message - use complete words and clear descriptions. In my signature block at the bottom of this post you'll find a link about getting rid of eels from your hovercraft... click, read, head the advice.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

You just did. (post a thread, that is.)

Did you read the FAQ's?

What specifically do you want to know?

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by eddecatoria View Post
    Hi I would like to ask how to post a thread? I'm new here.
    If you mean that you want to START a new thread, then
    1. at Home page, select the Forum you want.. in this case, Visual Basic 6 and Earlier
    2. then press Post New Thread button .. near the top, at the left side of screen
      • fill in the Title (the small textbox at top) .. a short description of you issue
      • compose your thread .. in the larger textbox
      • you can preview your post by pressing the Preview Post button .. at bottom right
      • when you are satisfied, then press Submit New Thread button

Spoo
    Last edited by Spooman; Oct 3rd, 2017 at 07:51 AM. Reason: add sublist under Post New Thread

Hey Sam, I think he means "start a new thread". Eddecatoria, just back up to the "forum" level (which lists all the threads). Once there, you'll see a "Forum Tools" dropdown in the top-right-ish area. Under there, you'll see a "Post a New Thread..." option.

That's where you'd ask your own question and start your own thread with its own posts.

And yes, welcome to the forums,
    Elroy

EDIT1: Ahhh, Spoo posted too.

Elroy

I only beat you by a minute .. GMTA ..

Spoo

Re: Retrieve data from a weather website

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Step 1 is to stop replying to existing threads.
    Step 2 - Find the appropriate forum section for your question.
    Step 3 - Click "New Thread" that can be found at the top left of every forum section.
    Step 4 & 5 - Enter a descriptive title - don't use something generic like "I need help" (of course you need help, why else are you posting). Enter a clear and complete post describing the problem. This is a forum, you have more than 140 characters, you're not on twitter or sending a text message - use complete words and clear descriptions. In my signature block at the bottom of this post you'll find a link about getting rid of eels from your hovercraft... click, read, head the advice.

-tg
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Hey Sam, I think he means "start a new thread". Eddecatoria, just back up to the "forum" level (which lists all the threads). Once there, you'll see a "Forum Tools" dropdown in the top-right-ish area. Under there, you'll see a "Post a New Thread..." option.

That's where you'd ask your own question and start your own thread with its own posts.

And yes, welcome to the forums,
    Elroy

EDIT1: Ahhh, Spoo posted too.
    Thanks