Starting A New Thread-VBForums
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Starting A New Thread

  1. #1

    Thread Starter
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    8

    Starting A New Thread

    Hi sorry for out of topic I would like to ask how to post a thread? Because I'm first time here in VBforums. Please help.

  2. #2
    PowerPoster techgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    31,097

    Re: Retrieve data from a weather website

    Quote Originally Posted by eddecatoria View Post
    Hi sorry for out of topic I would like to ask how to post a thread? Because I'm first time here in VBforums. Please help.
    Step 1 is to stop replying to existing threads.
    Step 2 - Find the appropriate forum section for your question.
    Step 3 - Click "New Thread" that can be found at the top left of every forum section.
    Step 4 & 5 - Enter a descriptive title - don't use something generic like "I need help" (of course you need help, why else are you posting). Enter a clear and complete post describing the problem. This is a forum, you have more than 140 characters, you're not on twitter or sending a text message - use complete words and clear descriptions. In my signature block at the bottom of this post you'll find a link about getting rid of eels from your hovercraft... click, read, head the advice.

    -tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

  3. #3
    PowerPoster SamOscarBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    6,265

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    You just did. (post a thread, that is.)

    Did you read the FAQ's?

    What specifically do you want to know?

    Welcome to the forum!

  4. #4
    Fanatic Member Spooman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    736

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    Quote Originally Posted by eddecatoria View Post
    Hi I would like to ask how to post a thread? I'm new here.
    If you mean that you want to START a new thread, then
    1. at Home page, select the Forum you want.. in this case, Visual Basic 6 and Earlier
    2. then press Post New Thread button .. near the top, at the left side of screen
      • fill in the Title (the small textbox at top) .. a short description of you issue
      • compose your thread .. in the larger textbox
      • you can preview your post by pressing the Preview Post button .. at bottom right
      • when you are satisfied, then press Submit New Thread button


    Spoo
    Last edited by Spooman; Oct 3rd, 2017 at 07:51 AM. Reason: add sublist under Post New Thread

  5. #5
    PowerPoster Elroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Near Nashville TN
    Posts
    3,040

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    Hey Sam, I think he means "start a new thread". Eddecatoria, just back up to the "forum" level (which lists all the threads). Once there, you'll see a "Forum Tools" dropdown in the top-right-ish area. Under there, you'll see a "Post a New Thread..." option.

    That's where you'd ask your own question and start your own thread with its own posts.

    And yes, welcome to the forums,
    Elroy

    EDIT1: Ahhh, Spoo posted too.

  6. #6
    Fanatic Member Spooman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    736

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    Elroy

    I only beat you by a minute .. GMTA ..

    Spoo

  7. #7

    Thread Starter
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    8

    Re: Retrieve data from a weather website

    Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Step 1 is to stop replying to existing threads.
    Step 2 - Find the appropriate forum section for your question.
    Step 3 - Click "New Thread" that can be found at the top left of every forum section.
    Step 4 & 5 - Enter a descriptive title - don't use something generic like "I need help" (of course you need help, why else are you posting). Enter a clear and complete post describing the problem. This is a forum, you have more than 140 characters, you're not on twitter or sending a text message - use complete words and clear descriptions. In my signature block at the bottom of this post you'll find a link about getting rid of eels from your hovercraft... click, read, head the advice.

    -tg
    thanks

  8. #8

    Thread Starter
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    8

    Re: BLANK IN SAVE txtfile

    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Hey Sam, I think he means "start a new thread". Eddecatoria, just back up to the "forum" level (which lists all the threads). Once there, you'll see a "Forum Tools" dropdown in the top-right-ish area. Under there, you'll see a "Post a New Thread..." option.

    That's where you'd ask your own question and start your own thread with its own posts.

    And yes, welcome to the forums,
    Elroy

    EDIT1: Ahhh, Spoo posted too.
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Featured


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

Survey posted by VBForums.