Thread: Mac Runtimes for Visual Basic 6 HTM, EXE, OCX and DLL files

Mac Runtimes for Visual Basic 6 HTM, EXE, OCX and DLL files

Hello I am working on a project with several types of media mediums. such as desktop, server, laptop, set top box, video games console, arcade machines, tablet, smart phone, android phone and also iPhone, even. so then I am looking for my projects to work on other native computer operating systems, such as OSX, etc for the present day and also for the most part of the future, as we know it, even. then I had a copy once of mactivex.exe, which is a visual-less exe files, that works to create activex controls and runtimes for visual studio apps on a osx apple mac typed computer system machine, then here is what I am looking to do here, even. then when the project had been completed I will then be able to have apple mac and also other hardware like that to work with my apps, even. this is the only way that I am able to get my point across to the whole world that if you make a cool project on a mpc, then you will still be able to project it to the world, using a uniform typed medium that is able to cross the balance between apple and then mpc computer system machines. however I had a trial version of the file, then which had expired long ago, even. then it's now up to me to find it again, so that I am able to finish my life's work of making visual studio apps, to work on apple macs and then to have them to use the programs that mpc programmers work with, even.

I am asking for the members reading this, to post the link or even the file of the mactivex.exe file and then it must still be an active link and still broadcasting to the internet. because I have found many closed websites advertising that it had it for a free download, and then they have been taken down not so very well, in deed they have, even.

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Fanatic Member

Re: Mac Runtimes for Visual Basic 6 HTM, EXE, OCX and DLL files

Oh wow, this brings me back. Microsoft's Mac ActiveX SDK pre-dates VB6 itself, and much like ActiveX (as a method for web interop), it has been dead for many, many years.

Even if you could track a copy down, it won't run on any modern versions of OSX/MacOS. I'm afraid this is a dead-end.

To run VB6 code in other environments, you'll either need to use a VM, or you can try your luck with a compatibility layer like Wine.
    Check out PhotoDemon, a pro-grade photo editor written completely in VB6. (Full source available at GitHub.)

PowerPoster

If I had to have portability I'd probably look at converting to something like B4J. The VM idea has some merit but it requires a Windows license for each machine unless Microsoft has changed direction on that for "containerized" portability - something I doubt.

WINE/Wine is too flaky and incomplete. Lots of things just won't run or run incorrectly.

So, that was on the original Mac OS, before the OS8 debacle. That OS is dead as can be, by now, but it's amazing that you folks still remember some obscure program that ran on it.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

sorry for the lateness in posting back, can you post a link the mActiveX.exe file. I spoke to my old workplace and then once got a file, which was called that. this works with the Apple Mac OSX to import ActiveX controls in Apple Mac Computers, running your App using PC Exchange
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Just make it all web-based, YouTube also plays its movies on multiple platforms, only browser depended instead of OS depended.

What about Adobe/Macromedia apps. They were multi platform, also. i was looking to be like them

Flash has been depreciated and replaced by HTML5, only some old online games and video players still use Flash.

Microsoft came out with their own brand of Flash, too just recently, even

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    Microsoft came out with their own brand of Flash, too just recently, even
    Silverlight development stopped in 2013. It is no longer supported by any major browser (including Microsoft Edge).

Arnoutdv is absolutely right: if you want to run on "everything", HTML5 is currently the only serious option.
    Check out PhotoDemon, a pro-grade photo editor written completely in VB6. (Full source available at GitHub.)

PowerPoster

True, I have a streaming media server that requires Flash for most of its administration web pages. I can't use it from Android no matter what browser I try there, none of them have Flash support any longer. I can't get updates for the old machine anymore, so using a PC or something is all that works. Flash is all but dead.

But even when it was still available for multiple platforms Adobe did it by creating separate versions for different platforms. There was never any magical "works anywhere" single Flash program or plug-in.

Oops, you clearly were talking about Flash applets, not Flash itself. Sorry.
    Last edited by dilettante; Oct 6th, 2017 at 01:05 PM.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Flash is all but dead.
    Indeed it is, for better or worse. I'm sure you've seen it, but in case others missed it: here is the official EOL statement from Adobe.

...as open standards like HTML5, WebGL and WebAssembly have matured over the past several years, most now provide many of the capabilities and functionalities that plugins pioneered and have become a viable alternative for content on the web. Over time, we’ve seen helper apps evolve to become plugins, and more recently, have seen many of these plugin capabilities get incorporated into open web standards. Today, most browser vendors are integrating capabilities once provided by plugins directly into browsers and deprecating plugins.

Given this progress, and in collaboration with several of our technology partners – including Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla – Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash. Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats.