Thread: Earning from a website

Hyperactive Member

Post Earning from a website

I am learning html and i am thinking of programming a site so if i program the site how will i be earning from the site? or is it that when a user visits the site the browsing data that goes out of his device will be sent as money to my account or what?

Fanatic Member

Re: Earning from a website

To make money you have to sell something as a product or as a service. What is your intent

Hyperactive Member

my intent is to make a video site for downloading and watching videos

Hyperactive Member

So when a user dnwnloads a video, wont you gain from it?

Fanatic Member

You will gain from it only if you charge a fee by allowing visitors to download from your site. I'm not here to help you build your site so you need to get something going and then ask questions about your coding

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by TATARPRO View Post
    So when a user dnwnloads a video, wont you gain from it?
    Not if that is all you do. You can either charge a download fee or you can display ads like Youtube.

The bottom line is that it doesn't make money automatically. You have to figure out how you're going to make money off of the videos. That could be charging per video download, a subscription per month, ads, what ever... there's a number of different ways. It could be a combination of different revenue streams.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

So maybe show some ads before watching video and some kind of gateway before downloading file?

get now CSGO skins
    Last edited by kubisztal; Oct 16th, 2017 at 08:22 AM.

Hey how's about let people watch videos online and you have them subscribe for a membership monthly. And I agree with @kubistal, could earn money from ads too. About the payment I think you could partner with Paypal or have Visa card gate way for members to pay and get money transfer to your bank account.