Thread: Binding source

Binding source

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to VB so Thank you in advance.

I have a VB form with the following text boxes and a data source vw_Cust_File_Maint.

Account Number, Name, Surname, Forename, AddressA, AddressB, AddressC, AddressD, AddressE, postCode, CountryCode.

What ii would like to do is manually bind the data from my data source into the appropriate text boxes when i type in a account number?

Many thanks

Name:  Image.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  21.6 KB

Re: Binding source

This question has nothing to do with reporting so I have asked the mods to move it.

Re: Binding source

Quote Originally Posted by Browser View Post
    What ii would like to do is manually bind the data from my data source into the appropriate text boxes when i type in a account number?
    That doesn't actually make sense. The whole point of binding is that it's not manual. You set up the binding once and then data gets moved back and forth automatically. The idea of binding two things together is that they then behave as one. In the case of data-binding, whatever affects the control affects the data data source and vice versa. So, which is it: do you want to bind or do you want to move data manually? My guess is that it's the former but I shall wait for your confirmation before adding anything more.