Thread: [RESOLVED] Website timeout

PowerPoster

Resolved [RESOLVED] Website timeout

I'm sure I'm not the first person to say this, but I think the login timeout is pretty short. I'll be on the site then do a little research then come back to it and have to login again... I'm not sure how long the timeout is, but it's pretty short.

Re: Website timeout

Are you checking the "Remember Me" checkbox when you login?
    -tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

As stated, the remember me check box is important is is enabling cookies.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

I never get timed out and I stay logged in on several boxes for days and weeks on end.

Now that I've said it like that I'm a little scared

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

Thanks everyone. I didn't realize that the "Remember Me" checkbox had that effect. I will certainly use it the next time a login

PowerPoster

Just wanted to let everyone know that selecting the "Remember Me" checkbox solved this issue.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by jumper77 View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that selecting the "Remember Me" checkbox solved this issue.

Thanks again
    Jumper

It may just be me, but a handle like that would be hard to forget (sorry, couldn't resist).

Spoo