Thread: Need explanation of PAD files

PowerPoster

Need explanation of PAD files

I have someone who has requested a PAD file for one of my application and I've never used one before. I tried to read up about it but there really isn't a lot out there. The only helpful thing I found was sometimes an XML file can be a PAD. Does VS create one automatically? And if so what will be the name of the file?

Appreciate any clarity about this...

PowerPoster

Re: Need explanation of PAD files

Made some progress.. I've now started a project on the PadGen website as recommended by ASP. Still trying to understand how it works though. I have generated my first PAD XML file so at least I can see what they look like. So far, it seems to be a XML file that contains information about your business.

Is it more than that?

Edit: Found a great link on the PadGen website in case someone else out there is curious about PAD files too. For the FAQ, go here: http://appvisor.com/pad/pad-faq/
    Last edited by jumper77; Aug 21st, 2017 at 11:02 AM.

PowerPoster

I thought those just held metadata to help those millions of duplicate "download sites" to syndicate your program's download and collect revenue on your back, insert malware, adware, bloatware, etc.

PowerPoster

Thank you. I appreciate that. I did get an email from the PadGEN website saying I had not completed the PAD file so I'm going to get back with them and I will probably know more then.