Thread: [RESOLVED] Inconsistent Accessibility: base class WorkItem is less accessible than class...

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Inconsistent Accessibility: base class WorkItem is less accessible than class...

Hello, I'm following a tutorial at Inheritance (C# Programming Guide) | Microsoft Docs and I'm getting this error:

Inconsistent Accessibility: base class WorkItem is less accessible than class ChangeRequest

What's going on here? I've come accross with this before on that site. Here's a part of the code:

VB.NET Code:
    1. namespace Business
    2. {
    3.     // ChangeRequest derives from WorkItem and adds an item (originalItemID)
    4.     // and two constructors
    5.     public class ChangeRequest : WorkItem
    6.     {
    7.         protected int originalItemID { get; set; }
    8.         ...

Re: Inconsistent Accessibility: base class WorkItem is less accessible than class...

The line of code
    Code:
     public class ChangeRequest : WorkItem
    is declaring a public class called ChangeRequest that inherits WorkItem. If you want to make ChangeRequest public then WorkItem would also need to be public, I would check the WorkItem class and see if it is public or not.

Addicted Member

Re: Inconsistent Accessibility: base class WorkItem is less accessible than class...

Oh I forgot to add "public" in the other class. Thanks a lot.