dcsimg

Thread: custom group box -need to make clickable regions link to custom events code in editor

custom group box -need to make clickable regions link to custom events code in editor

hi, ive been moding some code i found online to make a custom group box that has a title bar at the top that allows he user to add a couple of icons into the title bar that are clickable during runtime and clicking on the icons fires off some custom events that can be picked up from the form the groupbox is used on. Everything works fine but what i would like is to have a dotted box around each of the icons that is visible in visual studio at design time so that you can double click the icons and it takes you to the on_click event code for each of the corresponding icon. I dont know where to start to code something like this.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  23.8 KB
    Last edited by LucasCain; Aug 15th, 2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: chaged title a little

Re: custom group box -need to make clickable regions link to custom events code in ed

What type of control is the titlebar?

Re: custom group box -need to make clickable regions link to custom events code in ed

Hi .paul. , all the code is written inside the subclassed groupbox, theres no separate control for the title bars.

You don't have access to the design time control? In that case, i don't think that what you're asking would be possible, but that control could be recreated with the features you want...

What does it look like when you run your app?

Not quite sure what you mean, ive got access to all the code at design time. The codes to long to post here apparently but this is a link to a text file with it in.

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/patYObPerk

So can you help with this?

I've searched the internet and asked for advice on MSDN, but controls can only have one DefaultEvent Attribute, and not two conditional events like you want...

Hi .paul. , obviously a classic case of me not understanding how certain controls work. Thanks for pointing that out m8.