Thread: xamarin c# how to automatically get image capture

Banned

xamarin c# how to automatically get image capture

the following walkthrough
    http://yotamarker.justforum.net/t118...alkthrough#224
    opens the android camera app and WAITS for the user to click the image capture button.
    and finally displaying the last captured image in the image view widgt.

how can one get the image automatically at real time without separately opening the camera app
    and without having the user click anything ?

You don't want to know.

Re: xamarin c# how to automatically get image capture

You can't. That's not how phones work. People don't want their phones to be clandestine surveillance devices, so their camera APIs are designed to transfer control to a system Camera app, let it take a picture, then return to your app with the picture that was taken.

(Of course, a rooted Android is free to do whatever it wants, but you probably need to do some reconfiguration of the device to make it work.)
    This answer is wrong. You should be using TableAdapter and Dictionaries instead.

Banned

the eset antivirus app, for example takes pictures by itself, so it is possible.
    at any rate it's not for surveillance it's for an artificial eye, for robot girlfriends. need to get the now input picture for processing

Banned

object character recognition apps, and yugioh VR can do it

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

You can't. That's not how phones work.
    This is the key point here, unless you create your own fork of Android or something like that the OS of a phone is not designed to allow you to automatically do image capture through a camera with no human interaction.

VR is a different device than a phone, You could probably create your own device using a Raspberry Pi or something like that if you had the time.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Banned

what are you guys talking about?!
    if other apps can do it, it shouldn't be a problem !!!
    I don't care how it is done, I simply need to capture the current image in the camera, or from a video feed and do some
    screen capture.

I've mentioned all sorts of apps that do it so please don't tell me it can't be done.

You don't want to know.

I mentioned Android was special because Android is special. On iOS this is impossible.

I poked around the Android API and, so long as the user gives you permissions, they give you some interesting and stupid powers that could allow you to take pictures like you want. The trick is I'm still technically right: "You can't take a picture without a preview". However, they were dumb enough to make possible, "You don't have to display the preview and can instead render the preview to an invisible UI element."

Still, it's a pretty iffy thing and I don't tend to go into detail on iffy things. I was able to find a (presumably) working example for API 11 with 5 minutes of searching. I really, really hate "you should use a search engine" as an answer, but I don't think I'm going to produce working code because:

1. My Xamarin license is my employer's, so I'd be using their money/time for it.
    2. I'd fail a few times and I imagine it'd take me an hour or more to finish.
    3. I think it's stupid that Android allows this via loophole and even if your intentions are good, if I post working code someone bad can use it.
    This answer is wrong. You should be using TableAdapter and Dictionaries instead.