Thread: [RESOLVED] Applying SSL in a website

Resolved [RESOLVED] Applying SSL in a website

Hi

So basically I have a SSL Certificate installed in Bluehost, I want to install SSL one of my website but it is located in local server, how am I going to apply to it?

Thank you

Re: Applying SSL in a website

Never done it myself, but I believe it has to be applied to the domain for which it was issued... So unless your computer is hosting the website & domain for which the cert was issued, I don't think it will do you much good. I could be wrong though.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

You would need a proper domain if you want to use SSL publicly, if this is for testing purposes then you could always use https://gallery.technet.microsoft.co...icate-5920a7c6 to create a self signed certificate.

Thank you for the reply guys, I already registered my website to SSL.