Thread: Looking to hire for a VB project

Looking to hire for a VB project

I have a VB project, anyone interested please PM me. Price negotiable.

PowerPoster

Re: Looking to hire for a VB project

I would think giving an overview of what you need and a rough idea of the budget would be more likely to get attention, unless of course the budget is to low.

I can't disclose detailed information about the project, however it involves tweaking an already existing source code. The budget is 100$, price negotiable. PM me for more details.

PowerPoster

Ok, good luck. $100 isn't much but maybe you can find someone willing to help.
    I generally do not touch anything for less than $250

Money is not the problem, the price is negotiable as I said. I just set a rough estimate. If you are interested PM me for more details to see if you are able to take on this project.

1) This should be in the Open Positions/Jobs sections (I'll ask the mods to move it)
    2) How much effort is involved? $100 isn't much, it'll get you anywhere from 1-4 hours
    3) While you may not want/need to post details, you need to post something to entice people to contact you.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    1) This should be in the Open Positions/Jobs sections (I'll ask the mods to move it)
    2) How much effort is involved? $100 isn't much, it'll get you anywhere from 1-4 hours
    3) While you may not want/need to post details, you need to post something to entice people to contact you.

-tg
    My source code is written in vb6, so I think that this is the most suitable place for this thread. The effort and hours depend on the skills of the coder, but it shouldn't take very long since the source code already exists and its size is small. However I don't count hours. I'll present the details, talk about the project and set a mutually desired/befitting price. As for the details, I'm sorry but I can't disclose any information.

Edit: As I already said two times, the price is negotiable and it is up for discussion for interested parties. If you are not interested please do not post in this thread and if you are PM me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tehProxy View Post
    I'll present the details, talk about the project and set a mutually desired/befitting price. As for the details, I'm sorry but I can't disclose any information.
    That's a shame for you because you won't get the best people to negotiate with. I would think minimally, include some details, for example: Web related, comms related, graphics related, database related, automation of office or some DLL, troubleshooting/debugging, etc. Also include other details as much as possible without disclosing proprietary information. Providing at least an overview can result in a more focused response.

If you are going to discuss this with anyone that PMs you? Might as well do it here because you are likely not going to know anything about those that may reply. Weeding out wannabes via phone conversations is a waste of your time.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

what's the big secret, is it for NASA

like LaVolpe said ...
    include some details, for example: Web related, comms related, graphics related, database related, automation of office or some DLL, troubleshooting/debugging, etc
    regards
    Chris

They may not know what this is for, but it's pretty clear what it is based on your last threads. You've been asked repeatedly not to post about this.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing