Thread: Can we coding in VSCode?

Cool Can we coding in VSCode?

Hi!
    Many programming languages adopted for VSCode. This editor has many powerful instruments.
    But, can we use VSC for coding on Visual Basic 6?
    This examples plugins with any other languages: Name:  extension-gallery_extensions-popular.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  31.5 KBhttps://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/extension-gallery
    Ten Years After - 01 You Give Me Loving

Re: Can we coding in VSCode?

Only if someone develops VB6 coding plugin for it.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

How did you think:
    at the present time, vb6 is better to leave it as it is, because he is outliving himself...
    or try to collect enthusiastic like-minded peoples to create a module for the vsc?

PowerPoster

The VB6 IDE is far more than a text editor that can invoke make scripts.

Also, i found this addon for VS2013-2015
    http://vbvs.cloudapp.net/downloads

I'm import my VB6 project, but at now time can't run it. Possible, i have mistakes in preferences.

PowerPoster

VB6 code is not directly compatible with any version of VS after version 6 [1998]

Versions up to and including 2008 had a converter program included that could sorta kind of convert the code for you

That is not convertor. That is VB6 project loader for editing in Visual Studio (2013-2015). Now, i'm write to developer for asking some questions about bulding and running project.
    Look at screnshots, there are standart VB6 extensions (cls, frm, ctl...) and structure of modules and classes.

PowerPoster

As I said VB6 code is not directly compatible with any version of VS after version 6 which was the 1998 version in which VB6 was also included. Every version afterwards is .Net. Some of those include a converter but that too went away almost 10 years ago.

I am not familiar with the program you have linked to. It does say that it allows programers to work with VB6 code in VS but it also seems to be saying that many features are missing and is a work in progress. I would be surprised if you could load a vb6 project into it a generate a native exe like you can do if you actually use VB6.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    I am not familiar with the program you have linked to. It does say that it allows programers to work with VB6 code in VS but it also seems to be saying that many features are missing and is a work in progress. I would be surprised if you could load a vb6 project into it a generate a native exe like you can do if you actually use VB6.
    I bet it uses VB6 to generate a native exe.

PowerPoster

Have fun trying to debug within it.

This is a huge step backward if all it does is let you edit the text and then invoke a batch build script. It is entirely unlikely that it supports designers for visual layout editing of Forms, UserControls, etc.