Thread: How to disable windows system shortcuts programmatically

Addicted Member

How to disable windows system shortcuts programmatically

Hi to all. I am about to make a new screensaver. I have new idea. I am going to lock all Windows shortcuts like Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Ctrl+Escape, Alt+Tab,… etc only with mouse move event I am going to ask a password. Then unlock the screen. How to do this I have no idea. I have restricted time so that asked in this forum. Try to solve this at the same time like you from net cloud. I would be much appreciated…
    Regards
    algea

Re: How to disable windows system shortcuts programmatically

Just some thoughts...

Not sure I think that is a great idea. Why would someone want to have 2 passwords to access their system: once when windows starts (if required) and another one when your screensaver locks? With the way Windows works now, if a password is needed, the same password can be used to access the system on startup and again if screen is locked.

I would think creating your own screensaver that a user can select from the system list of screensavers is a reasonable choice. The choice of locking the screen is a separate item and if used, at least the user's system password is valid.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

But LaVolpe, he's trying to develop one of those pay-to-unlock-your-computer deals, so he doesn't want to use the same password.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

PowerPoster

Are you actually writing a screensaver or are you writing malware?

A screensaver is more than a normal .exe, there's several steps to run as a Windows screensaver, where those things are disabled with SystemParametersInfo's SPI_SCREENSAVERRUNNING flag, then uses the VerifyScreenSavePwd API.

See this article for an example of a screensaver written in VB6.
    Last edited by fafalone; Jul 22nd, 2017 at 09:40 PM.

PowerPoster

Does anybody even use screen savers anymore?

The lock screen is far more useful, see: How to Customize the Lock Screen on Windows 8 or 10.