Thread: Problem in Webbrowser, the html code is hidden

Angry Problem in Webbrowser, the html code is hidden

Hello everybody, i tested all types of string for make my progam, i have to change the value in html dropdownlist by visual basic
    i always used this string in another site, of course i changed every time the id and the value :
    WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("id_country").SetAttribute("value", "AS")
    but in this site the html code seems hidden , what i can do? i really need it , i leave you a screen here
    https://gyazo.com/6a047e92809e949bf95aa8a2840bb7e7
    As you can see the code is grey , i think is like 'hidden' , i really believe someone cal help me . i also leave you the html code of the value in the website:
    <select name="country" required id="id_country">
    <option value="">Select Country</option>
    <option value="AC">Ascension Island</option>
    <option value="AD">Andorra</option>
    <option value="AE">United Arab Emirates</option>
    <option value="AF">Afghanistan</option>
    <option value="AG">Antigua &amp; Barbuda</option>
    <option value="AI">Anguilla</option>
    <option value="AL">Albania</option>
    <option value="AM">Armenia</option>
    <option value="AO">Angola</option>
    <option value="AQ">Antarctica</option>
    <option value="AR">Argentina</option>
    <option value="AS">American Samoa</option>
    <option value="AT">Austria</option>
    <option value="AU">Australia</option>
    <option value="AW">Aruba</option>
    <option value="AX">Åland Islands</option>
    <option value="AZ">Azerbaijan</option>
    <option value="BA">Bosnia &amp; Herzegovina</option>
    <option value="BB">Barbados</option>
    <option value="BD">Bangladesh</option>

Re: Problem in Webbrowser, the html code is hidden

Tell us more about the situation. Using a program to interact with a web site is the worst possible way to go about it, so it should only be done as an absolute last resort. Presumably, you didn't write the site, or else you'd have MUCH better ways of interacting with it. If the people with the site have an API, then that is the way to go. If not, then why not?

The problem with interacting with a website via a program is that websites are constantly changing. In a typical desktop program, there are usually only a few ways that anybody ever bothers making a list, because there are just a few easy to use controls for lists. When it comes to a website, the number of alternative strategies is HUGE, and some of them don't expose much of anything. Better still, people are usually changing websites this way and that for whatever reason. So, any solution you get is not likely to work forever, or even necessarily for very long. Therefore, any other alternative is better. So, what's the site, and what alternatives have you looked into?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Hello, so, the site is https://steelseries.com/login?next=/...rd/support/rma , i wanted to do a simple way to RMA a product with Logitech, steelseries,razer and etc. the last one is steelseries , and is not working , so basically i wanted to do this progam because a lot of people want to rma their product but is really boring do all by the site , so i did a progam which do this automatically, i really hope you can help me , Good evening!

Kinda cool site, really. I hadn't heard of them before. Might have to take a closer look at some of their stuff. However, they are a bit light on information about the site itself, which is unfortunate. They don't say much of anything useful, that I can see. So, what I'd suggest is that you contact them directly and ask about an API. The worst that can happen is that they might say no, but you may be surprised at how responsive companies can be, especially one like that one. If they have an API, or are willing to make one for you, then all your problems are solved, because that will be a FAR better solution than anything you can do through the web.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Thank you a lot Shaggy, i will do what you said, Good morning!