Thread: Looking for listview alternatives with examples of useage

Lively Member

Looking for listview alternatives with examples of useage

ok I need to do somthing like this with a listview or somthing similair ive seen objectlist view and a few others but nothing the same fashion as a listview in usage ok note the crown and the status dot are to seperate images B is the username and of course where it says online can me a msg set by the user the first image on left is a display image any ideas would be really great im currently using ownerdraw and it makes it lag when scrolling the list up and down due to redrawing Name:  example.png
Views: 173
Size:  2.5 KB

Re: Looking for listview alternatives with examples of useage

It seems to me that you could just create a user control to represent a single record and then use a DataRepeater or even just add multiple instances to a TableLayoutPanel. It really depends what you're trying to achieve at a higher level.

Lively Member

Well Jm this is to be a online and offline userlist having display images and status idication along with a custom msg like for a client server chat is what im aiming for the thing im having issues with is the icons listview allows 1 unless i use the ownerdraw to draw the images on it and then they are not part of the item they are drawn to the layout .. i seen objectlistview.dll but for the life of me i cant use it keeps telling me blah is not defines brightsoftware somthing i tried to register the dll and a few other things but no luck

Quote Originally Posted by newbiedoobie1983 View Post
    i seen objectlistview.dll but for the life of me i cant use it keeps telling me blah is not defines brightsoftware somthing i tried to register the dll and a few other things but no luck
    We might be able to help with that issue specifically if you were to provide a proper explanation. You don't register a DLL unless it's a COM component.