dcsimg
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    I don't understand. If you want to forbid cell's editing then set AllowUserEditing to False (Default)
    Nevermind. I found it already)
    But I have another question: can you add autosave of data from grid to database (like MS DataGrid 6.0) after changing cells.
    Last edited by SPB-667; Aug 10th, 2019 at 12:50 PM.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPB-667 View Post
    But I have another question: can you add autosave of data from grid to database (like MS DataGrid 6.0) after changing cells.
    This a replacement for the FlexGrid control and not for the DataGrid control. There is no direct binding available in the MSFlexGrid control, so the VBFlexGrid doesn't either.
    However, in my opinion, it is anway better to have the database unbound to the grid. If you change something in the grid it's in your control what happens after that in the database.

Hi,

I've tried this on 2 different machines, both Win 10 64bit, but the IDE just crashes when I run, compile or try to view MainForm.
    I've put the OLEGuids files in SysWOW64 and the IDE looks to find them OK. I have not registered them in any way. Just overwrote the old OLEGuids I had there.

Any ideas?

Update: removed "MainForm" and changed Sub Main() to show "UserEditingForm" instead and then the program runs fine.

-Leifster
    Last edited by leifmb; Aug 29th, 2019 at 03:57 AM.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by leifmb View Post
    I've tried this on 2 different machines, both Win 10 64bit, but the IDE just crashes when I run, compile or try to view MainForm.
    I've put the OLEGuids files in SysWOW64 and the IDE looks to find them OK. I have not registered them in any way. Just overwrote the old OLEGuids I had there.

Any ideas?

Update: removed "MainForm" and changed Sub Main() to show "UserEditingForm" instead and then the program runs fine.
    To be honest. I understanding nothing what you are describing.
    For me the MainForm works. And that only UserEditingForm works but not MainForm is an indication that it's not the VBFlexGrid's nor OLEGuids.tlb's fault.

I guess it's something wrong with my VB6 setup/installation then. I've seen similar behavior once or twice before.
    Just tested on my 3rd VB6 machine and it has the very same problem :-(

Off topic: There are many different guides on how to install VB6 on Windows 10, all with some variations. Is there a definitive guide somewhere?

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by leifmb View Post
    I guess it's something wrong with my VB6 setup/installation then. I've seen similar behavior once or twice before.
    Just tested on my 3rd VB6 machine and it has the very same problem :-(

Off topic: There are many different guides on how to install VB6 on Windows 10, all with some variations. Is there a definitive guide somewhere?
    I suggest to ask this question in the general forum.

If it is of any comfort to you, from time to time (may be every two or three months) I need to uninstall and reinstall VB6 because I start to experience quasi random crashes of the IDE (I have Windows 10 - 64 bits).
    I usually also clean the registry with a registry cleaner after uninstalling and before reinstalling (but I don't know if that is necessary).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789