Thread: No monkey required

PowerPoster

No monkey required

The hurdy gurdy has come a long way. It isn't just for 19th Century street corner organ grinders anymore.

"Gurdy's Green" - Patty Gurdy

This talented and attractive young lady also plays in a... German Goth/Pirate(???) Rock group:

STORM SEEKER - Destined Course [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO]

For something truly weird (and unrelated):

Mad World - Vintage Vaudeville - Style Cover ft. Puddles Pity Party & Haley Reinhart

YouTube can be quite a hoot.

You don't want to know.

Re: No monkey required

This is the second time I've seen someone discuss a hurdy gurdy this month. Weird!
    This answer is wrong. You should be using TableAdapter and Dictionaries instead.

Kinda cool to see an organ grinder used in todays music. However its freaky to see that clown singing with the girl like hes dressed normal lol.

Pirate goth rock band is cool too btw
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Sitten Spynne View Post
    This is the second time I've seen someone discuss a hurdy gurdy this month. Weird!
    If you haven't seen them in a while they look pretty weird in operation. Almost like they are fake, or maybe like the top should suddenly pop open and a clown on a spring pop out.

I know she had hers made in dark green because that's her "theme" sort of. But I think one made with a lot of prominent brass and glass parts could look pretty darned steampunk.

Probably would work well for doing covers of Firefly soundtrack tunes too.

PowerPoster

I re-watched that Puddles video a few times and now the clown is less creepy than the somewhat eerie singing voice of Haley Reinhart.