Thread: View Webbrowser body content

Addicted Member

View Webbrowser body content

hi is it possible to view the content ie: post/get, referrer, request body of a http request sent by webbrowser control or see the response of the server? i know i can view it through fiddler but can i do this internally within my app?

Re: View Webbrowser body content

Duplicate posting: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...t=#post5171669

Do you want a solution in VB6 or in .NET? What will work for one, may not work for the other.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Addicted Member

Ideally Vb.net but no one replied to my post (im not sure if i am asking a stupid question) so i asked here to see if i could get a answer that would point me in the right direction

Problem is that you'll get a VB6 answer here that won't work for .NET...
    It's not a stupid question... Far from it. I actually find it intriguing and wouldn't mind knowing myself. It's just not a common one... Obviously it's possible, because programs like Fiddler exist and work... how to do it in .NET though.... mmmmm.... may not be so straight forward.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Fanatic Member

You can use a packet sniffer. If you don't have one and you want one say so and I will post one

Addicted Member

packet sniffer written in VB.net? i was just hoping there was a simple solution to this. WinHTTP displays the response how i would like webbrowser to without using proxies & packet sniffers. i think i am in way above my know-how with this problem

Thread moved from the 'VB6 and Earlier' forum to the 'VB.Net' (VB2002 and later) forum... and duplicate removed

I was almost going to post this question, myself, due to an oddity in a service call, but then somebody fessed up to messing with a setting in an interesting way. It seems like that information is kind of hidden from you. The response is somewhat interpreted, when I'd like to see it more raw for some types of diagnostic work. Not as interested in seeing it in .NET, though. I'd be interested in seeing it in VS, and Fiddler kind of does what I want.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Addicted Member

i have been struggling with this problem for days, it seems it was possible with axwebbrowser and the BeforeNavigate2 option, but damned if i can find a solution for .net