Thread: Can VB6 use JavaScript or HTML5 chart controls?

PowerPoster

Can VB6 use JavaScript or HTML5 chart controls?

About the chart control, I have the following questions:

(1) FasionCharts for VB6 is the best VB6 chart control I've ever seen, but this control was abandoned by its developer InfoSoft Global a few years ago. I know that the development workload of a similar chart control is very large if we start from scratch. Is there a third-party graphics library such as vbRichClient5 (Cairo graphics engine) that can reduce the development workload of this chart control? Or whether there is a better product that can replace FusionCharts for VB6.

(2) Now many people are using JavaScript and HTML5 to develop chart control, if VB6 apps can use these chart controls it would be great. (I mean wrapping a JavaScript or HTML5 chart control into an OCX control for VB6 calls like FusionCharts for VB6.)

Though my current work doesn't need to use the chart control, I am still interested in this issue.
    Last edited by dreammanor; May 22nd, 2017 at 09:35 AM.

Re: Can VB6 use JavaScript or HTML5 chart controls?

I have been using ChartDirector for over 8 years and I am very pleased with it. It is not free but I consider it is a good value for money if we take into account the library is available for 9 languages and 3 OS, both for desktop and web apps, besides the license and support are for lifetime.
    Last edited by Daniel Duta; May 22nd, 2017 at 05:41 AM.
    "VB code is practically pseudocode" - Tanner Helland
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - Matt Groening
    "If you wait until you are ready, it is almost certainly too late" - Seth Godin
    "Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see" - Edgar Allan Poe

PowerPoster

Re: Can VB6 use JavaScript or HTML5 chart controls?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Duta View Post
    I have been using ChartDirector for over 8 years and I am very pleased with it. It is not free but I consider it is a good value for money if we take into account the library is available for 9 languages and 3 OS, both for desktop and web apps, besides the license and support are for lifetime.
    ChartDirector is also a good chart control. I used FusionCharts 6 years ago , I prefer FusionCharts for the following reasons:
    (1) beautiful
    (2) support XML and Json
    (3) lightweight
    (4) flexible, easy to expand
    (5) animation effect(because it used Flash)
    (6) special edition for VB6
    Last edited by dreammanor; May 23rd, 2017 at 10:56 AM.