Thread: Looking for Freelance Devs to work on a HTML EDITOR

Red face Looking for Freelance Devs to work on a HTML EDITOR

Hello

I am looking for some developers who knows C# and VB.NET and who also know how to use Visual Studio 2010 or 2008.
    Anyone instrested on working a wysiwyg HTML editor with me please PM me for my email or for more details.

Thanks and all the best.

Re: Looking for Freelance Devs to work on a HTML EDITOR

I have started the project myself back in 2009. Also even made progress but I need help.
    Last edited by npzman; May 22nd, 2017 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Remove the rude stuff

Have you considered that perhaps nobody is really that interested in this project, should every forum member reply individually to say they aren't interested?

If you want people to show an interest then it would help if you provided a bit more detail about the project - time frames, scope, reasons for doing this, payment rates (or not) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PlausiblyDamp View Post
    Have you considered that perhaps nobody is really that interested in this project, should every forum member reply individually to say they aren't interested?

If you want people to show an interest then it would help if you provided a bit more detail about the project - time frames, scope, reasons for doing this, payment rates (or not) etc.
    I said PM me for more details I think you are good person to join the team. I don't want to post too many information about it ?

Exclamation Re: Looking for Freelance Devs to work on a HTML EDITOR

Quote Originally Posted by npzman View Post
    I said PM me for more details I think you are good person to join the team. I don't want to post too many information about it ?
    As previously stated - if you are unwilling to provide enough public details to get people's interest, then people are unlike to respond or join. If you start making comments like post number 2 above, then you are likely to turn off anyone that might have had interest.

Sincerely,

Brad! Jones
    site admin
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

I've already built my obligatory HTML Editor... back in 1996... I have no desire to do it again.

To be fair, your best bet it to put together a project plan, what's going to get done when... then let people come and go as they can. There's some spots where some are going to be strong and other not so much, then later down, things switch. Just look at the threads about reviving a new VB6+ IDE... there's interest there because enough stuff has been released publicly to get people's attention... to the point that I think they might stand a chance at pulling it off.

But this request is a bit too vague. That's why you're not getting anyone to bite on it. Is it a paid gig? If so, how much? Is it going to be open source? Is there enough work to keep people working on it for stretches at a time? What's the end goal? Is it going to be something sold? Given away? What about revenue sharing and advertising? How are potential profits to be split? What's the business plan?

It's those kinds of things people are looking for. Not necessarily tech details, but project details overall. You've thrown out a hook but there's no bait.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Maybe I forgot to say .....

The project is top serect and that's why I didn't wrote too many information that could have gotten people instrested. Yes I am actally willing to pay people. This is actally a job. But only a one off gig. So I am only giving all the information via PM or EMAIL. The proposed software won't be open source.

Maybe I forgot to say .....

The project is top serect and that's why I didn't wrote too many information that could have gotten people instrested. Yes I am actally willing to pay people. This is actally a job. But only a one off gig. So I am only giving all the information via PM or EMAIL. The proposed software won't be open source.
    A top secret HTML Editor? Why would you be willing to give the information one at a time to complete strangers but not willing to give any details in the place you are actually asking for people to help?

If you want people to show an interest then tell them something that will get them interested. Claiming something as common as an HTML Editor is top secret won't do the trick, tell people about the aim, the scope, the reason, and the money.

Duplicate post.

Please if you help me I would be very grateful. I don't want search engines picking this up. I can give everything out in full details via PM or Email. The project will make a ton of cash you will get your share of profits. I been spending nearly 10 years doing this alone. I made some progress but it's not good enough. Then I though the time has come to form up a team of devs. So I came here

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    I've already built my obligatory HTML Editor... back in 1996... I have no desire to do it again.

To be fair, your best bet it to put together a project plan, what's going to get done when... then let people come and go as they can. There's some spots where some are going to be strong and other not so much, then later down, things switch. Just look at the threads about reviving a new VB6+ IDE... there's interest there because enough stuff has been released publicly to get people's attention... to the point that I think they might stand a chance at pulling it off.

But this request is a bit too vague. That's why you're not getting anyone to bite on it. Is it a paid gig? If so, how much? Is it going to be open source? Is there enough work to keep people working on it for stretches at a time? What's the end goal? Is it going to be something sold? Given away? What about revenue sharing and advertising? How are potential profits to be split? What's the business plan?

It's those kinds of things people are looking for. Not necessarily tech details, but project details overall. You've thrown out a hook but there's no bait.

-tg
    I am interested in using your help for cash. I don't want to publically release information it is top secret. Please lets contact somewhere private and I will pay you. Over there I will give the full information.
    Last edited by npzman; May 28th, 2017 at 09:43 PM.

I answer the threads I want to answer. I've already answered this one. I specificalyl stated that, and I quote "I have NO desire to do that again." In other words, I do not want to participate in this. And to be honest, I don't think you could afford the rates I'd charge for a project like this.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    I answer the threads I want to answer. I've already answered this one. I specificalyl stated that, and I quote "I have NO desire to do that again." In other words, I do not want to participate in this. And to be honest, I don't think you could afford the rates I'd charge for a project like this.

-tg
    What was that HTML editor called ? that you worked on. I got a ton of cash. I am really looking hard for devs. How much would you charge ?

I need people LIKE YOU

What was that HTML editor called ? that you worked on. I got a ton of cash. I am really looking hard for devs. How much would you charge ?

I need people LIKE YOU
    What was it called "HTML Editor" ... I built it way back in 96 I think it was... some 20 years ago ... mostly because 1) I wanted to learn HTML... seemed like a good way at the time, and 2) there weren't many editors around at that time. Learning HTML seemed like a good reason to build one. I used it to maintain several pages on the unit's intranet (I worked for the US Air Force at the time) as well as a couple of classified projects. Building a web editor at this point doesn't hold any interest for me. At. All.

You're better off barking up someone else's tree.

-tg

Anyone else interested. I am begging for someone anyone. I don't care who. Please just one person. I still have zero people on my team

It has been said repeatedly on here that you are not going to get any interest if you refuse to divulge any details and insist on Skype calls, most people here have full time jobs and other life commitments; this means time is a precious commodity and as such people are reluctant to spend it on a lengthy Skype call or similar when the information could have been shared in a readable and simple format.

If you can't even give any details beyond "HTML Editor" you are obviously going to struggle to get interest in the project.

Quote Originally Posted by PlausiblyDamp View Post
    It has been said repeatedly on here that you are not going to get any interest if you refuse to divulge any details and insist on Skype calls, most people here have full time jobs and other life commitments; this means time is a precious commodity and as such people are reluctant to spend it on a lengthy Skype call or similar when the information could have been shared in a readable and simple format.

If you can't even give any details beyond "HTML Editor" you are obviously going to struggle to get interest in the project.
    It is a secret and if you don't want to join my proposed team that is your choice and I can respect that. The thing is anyone that isn't working on the secret HTML editor. Shouldn't until release. The HTML editor is going to please Millions. There might be one who would be interested in this forums. Remember that this is a one time gig.

Considering to reveal everything here if that's is the only way to get people interested