Thread: Crystal Report - Export, Preview, Print options

Crystal Report - Export, Preview, Print options

If you've read my other recent posts, you know I am converting a VB6 app to .NET. The app has a dialog for Crystal Reports where the user can choose a printer and the OK button prints, and the Export button goes to Excel (I think...intuitively one would think so), and there's a Cancel and Preview button. The form looks like this:
    Name:  Select Report Destination.JPG
Views: 1220
Size:  29.0 KB

I figured some of that was built into .NET and I wouldn't have to port it exactly from VB6, but a PrintDialog and PrintDocument control gave me this at runtime:
    Name:  Select Report Destination .NET.JPG
Views: 1507
Size:  39.1 KB

That is too much. I really only want the part I highlighted, Select Printer. And I want different buttons. This doesn't look like something I can customize based on the properties that are available. Is there something else I can use to just give me the Select Printer part? Should I just port the VB6 code? (Even though I am not sure how to get the printers because VB6 seems to magically have this object called "Printers" that it loads into the combobox).

Thanks.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: Crystal Report - Export, Preview, Print options

Thread moved from the 'Database Development' forum to the 'Reporting' forum (for Crystal Reports etc)