Thread: Time For a New Thread!!!

Time For a New Thread!!!

Yall are killing Chit Chat! It's dying a slow slow death.

Congratulations Bastards!!!

Re: Time For a New Thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post

Congratulations Bastards!!!

But you don't understand... WE MUST DISCUSS POLITICS

Because there's not nearly enough of that on the internet these days.

And for the record I've been drunk since about 9pm eastern.
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post

Congratulations Bastards!!! [/IMG]
    Yup - sure did!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Every time I see this thread's title, I hear "I want a new drug, one that won't make me sick / that won't make me crash my car" followed by "I want a new duck / One that won't try to bite / One that won't chew a hole in my socks / One that won't quack all night"

I need a new life...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

A duck that bites is a threat to bugs, worms, and not much else, including socks. Where did that second set of lyrics come from?

I'm not sure that chit-chat ever had much going on. There were the mafia wars, and a few other such things, but most of the certifiable types have moved on, so there are fewer crazy threads.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Goose! Duck!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    A duck that bites is a threat to bugs, worms, and not much else, including socks. Where did that second set of lyrics come from?

I'm not sure that chit-chat ever had much going on. There were the mafia wars, and a few other such things, but most of the certifiable types have moved on, so there are fewer crazy threads.
    Weird Al... I Want a New Duck... parody of I Want a New Drug...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOL2q8leiLw

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

That's who I thought it would be from. It's about time to get a new duck, too. I had one nesting in my yard a couple years back. I'd leave it water and corn, and it did seem to eat some, but whenever I added more corn (cracked corn....cause ducks....well, you know, they're all addicts, so they like them some crack), the duck would try to threaten me. Totally hopeless, since ducks are essentially unarmed.

The goose video quacked me up. Didn't look much like a police officer, though, and pretty un-athletic. Geese can be nasty, though.

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Weird Al... I Want a New Duck... parody of I Want a New Drug...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOL2q8leiLw

-tg
    Years ago was in a band that did a version of Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze. One day I realized the words to the theme for the TV show Green Acres fit the song perfectly. From then on we always performed Purple Haze with the Green Acres lyrics. Try it - it works!

Green Acres is the place to be
    Farm livin' is the life for me
    Land speadin' out so far and wide
    Keep Manhattan, just gimme that countryside
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel

Geese can be nasty, though.
    Name:  Kg9aCaLl.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  49.1 KB

That goose never ran into this cat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBW5dfRoG7Q
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Quote Originally Posted by homer13j View Post
    Years ago was in a band that did a version of Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze. One day I realized the words to the theme for the TV show Green Acres fit the song perfectly. From then on we always performed Purple Haze with the Green Acres lyrics. Try it - it works!

Green Acres is the place to be
    Farm livin' is the life for me
    Land speadin' out so far and wide
    Keep Manhattan, just gimme that countryside
    You can also sing the words from Amazing Grace to the tune from Gilligan's Island, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    That goose never ran into this cat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBW5dfRoG7Q
    Three camera angles?

I havent seen a new thread by you (JR) for a long time. Your adding to CC's death lol. Are you still into Insane Clown Posse?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Of course! Like a Juggalugalo. Thought that you would never know o.O

Effing magnets...

Name:  magnets_c.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  22.3 KB

You don't want to know.

Are you saying

you want to

make Chit Chat great again?
    This answer is wrong. You should be using TableAdapter and Dictionaries instead.

Name:  insane-clown-posse-lets-make-chit-chat-great-again.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  27.0 KB
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

wth this song is too loco O.O

Chit chat needs to be great again seriously. Soooo heres another for kicks.

PowerPoster

Here you go:

Name:  Tap and Die Set.png
Views: 277
Size:  27.8 KB

Now make all the threads you want.

You're just being a tool...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I hear they are politically against those in NH!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I'd tap that!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Now make all the threads you want.
    It's more restorative then reassignment. Oops watch out for PC police - safe space!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

The whole "safe space" thing is getting weird.

A high school a few counties from me decided that calling school athletes "jocks" is hate speech after several football players claimed "psychic injury" at being labeled such in their school's new Yearbook.

The old "sticks and stones...break my bones...names never harm me" seems to have gone into the trash bin of distant memories.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    I hear they are politically against those in NH!
    What are you talking about? "Tapping" is a major spring activity in NH....and every other syrup producing area.

The old "sticks and stones...break my bones...names never harm me" seems to have gone into the trash bin of distant memories.
    Names hurt us more than sticks and stones, generally, but we're going way overboard with that stuff. On the other hand, take any trend, extrapolate to an extreme, and you have the subject of at least a good short story, if not a novel.

Suppose some racist goes off on a rant. Assume they use the vilest language that your imagination comes up with. Speech doesn't get much worse than that, but in such a case, the speech says far more about the speaker. If you speak like that, we pretty much know who YOU are, and that's as far as it goes. Where the danger comes in is if the speech lands on fertile ground. It isn't the speech or the speaker, it's the audience that matters. We talk of free speech, except for yelling "Fire" in a theater, but if the theater is empty, you can do that, too.

So, what it comes down to is that we are bubble-wrapping society. We do it with social media, we do it with...uh...normal media (anti-social media?? The kind you watch while NOT interacting with anyone?), and now we are doing it with speech. People can engage only within their echo chambers by choosing their online activities, so now people are trying to create the same echo chamber in the world around them: Speak only what I want to hear, because that's all I associate with on-line.

PowerPoster

Sort of a modern trend toward a self-inflicted Tower of Babel scenario?

What are you talking about? "Tapping" is a major spring activity in NH....and every other syrup producing area.
    Well - I'm inclined to say: "It's on their state flag man"!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Well - I'm inclined to say: "It's on their state flag man"!
    I'm stitching this together out of whole cloth now...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Or just trying to get a rise out of you!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Don't be so sappy.

Or sticky o.O

I'd die for a new thread!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    I'd die for a new thread!

I wish that my wish not be granted.

PowerPoster

If wishes were horses,
    Beggars would ride.
    If wishes were fishes,
    We'd all have some fried.
    Many variations on this exist, but that's from the one I grew up with.